HOERBIGER SERVICE INC (HSI) is seeking a Key Account Manager. HSI provides maintenance and repair services to users of industrial reciprocating compressors across multiple industries, including natural gas and process gas (refinery, petrochemical and industrial gas) accounts. This is a remote position, preferably based in the Salt Lake City area. The position supports the Casper, Wyoming Service Center and is responsible for a region including: Arizona, Western Colorado, Idaho, New Mexico and Utah.
The Key Account Manager is responsible to drive the front end of the customer experience to maximize return for the customers and deliver greater visibility, efficiency and high value/profit for the company. Develops relationships to transition HOERBIGER from a supplier into a partner by transferring transaction product sales in to business results. The Key Account Manager will be instrumental in maintaining a strong profitable position with natural gas customers while driving growth in the process gas market.
Candidates must have technical experience working with rotating or reciprocating compressors in the oil/gas market, as well as a proven record of success selling in the oil/gas market in the region.
- Meet sales targets in terms of growth and profitability
- Prepare for customer visits and follow-up with visit reports in CRM and action plans to achieve business results
- Expand and strengthen the customer base and relationship; identify and develop management contacts
- Analyze and identify potential development opportunities for HOERBIGER, serving as the Voice of the Customer
- Develop and manage a strong CRM opportunity funnel and balanced order profile for assigned accounts.
- Support regularly the sales forecast, Sale & Operational Planning process
- Identify maintenance schedule and consult with customer to develop budget for planned maintenance.
- Support and execute marketing campaigns and initiative development, roll-out and active follow-up
- Identify and convert customers to performance and long-term contracts for parts and services, capturing or protecting market share.
- Actively target “Win Back” customers, focusing on key profitable competitor business
- Support both HOERBIGER operations and customers with clear communication and relationship management
- Provide structured lost-order analysis (recording reasons for rejection)
- Document the competitive situation and the market price level at the customer
- Education: Higher technical school, Bachelor’s Degree or solid industry experience
- Demonstrated success in a similar sales role; minimum five years practical experience
- Passion for the customer and desire to succeed through team-work
- Customer-centric mentality where ‘a promise is a promise’
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills
- Basic understanding of financial reports
- Willing to travel extensively (>50%)
- Must have a valid US Driver License and legal right to work in the United States
Technical/Functional Knowledge Requirements
- Detailed understanding of the Oil and Gas Market (up- and down-stream)
- Technical experience with rotating and/or reciprocating compressors
- Familiarity with operation of a successful equipment service business
- Excellent understanding of customer needs and key stakeholders
- Working knowledge of sales related systems (CRM, etc.)
- Familiarity with vendors of rotating equipment and components
- Knowledge about competition, especially ISPs and OEMs