HOERBIGER SERVICE CANADA (HCL) is seeking a Key Account Manager for our dynamic organization. HCL provides maintenance and repair services to users of industrial reciprocating compressors across multiple industries, including natural gas and process gas (refinery, petrochemical and industrial gas) accounts. This is a remote position, preferably located in the Ontario/Sarnia area. The position serves our valued accounts in Ontario and neighboring provinces.
The Key Account Manager is responsible to drive the front end of the customer experience to maximize return for the customers and deliver greater visibility, efficiency and high value/profit for the company. Develop relationships to transition HOERBIGER from a supplier into a partner by transferring transaction product sales in to business results. The Key Account Manager will be instrumental in driving growth in the process gas market.
Successful candidates must at least three years of sales experience in a related field selling in the region and have an engineering background or technical experience working with rotating or reciprocating compressors in the oil/gas market.
The HOERBIGER brand is synonymous with components and services providing high customer value in compressors, industrial engines and turbines, automotive drivetrains, and multifaceted mechanical engineering applications.
- Expand and strengthen the customer base and relationships; identify and develop the business
- Analyze and identify potential development opportunities for HOERBIGER, being the Voice of the Customer
- Support both HOERBIGER operations and customers with clear communication and relationship management
- Identify maintenance schedule based upon budget provided by the customer for maintenance – develop with the customer what budget should be planned for maintenance
- Support and execute marketing-campaigns and initiative development, roll-out and active follow-up
- Actively target “Win Back” customers focusing on key competitor business
- Identify and convert customers to performance and long-term contracts for parts and services capturing or protecting market share
- Prepare customer visits and follow-up with visit reports in CRM, create action plans to achieve business results
- Develop and manage a strong CRM opportunity funnel and balanced order profile for assigned accounts
- Support regularly the sales forecast, Sales & Operational Planning (S&OP) process
- Meet sales target in terms of growth and profitability
- Structured lost-order analysis
- Record the competitive situation and the market price level at the customer
- Minimum three years practical experience in relevant industrial sales with proven record of success
- Solid understanding of the Oil & Gas market, upstream and downstream
- Technical experience with rotating and/or reciprocating machinery
- Understanding how a successful equipment service business works
- Excellent understanding customer needs and key stakeholders
- Basic knowledge of sales related software and systems (MS Office, CRM, etc.)
- Must have customer centric mentality where a promise is a promise
- Excellent communication skills, ability to locate and meet with decision makers
- Must be able to communicate (verbal/written) fluently in English; ability to also communicate in French is helpful
- Education: Higher Technical School, Bachelor's Degree or solid industry technical experience
- Experienced negotiator; independent, self-starter, organized
- Valid Canadian Driver License and legal right to work in Canada required