General Summary of Position
GOAL ZERO is looking for a qualified account manager to own sales relationships with select key accounts – with a focus on the Club Channel. Focus is on the US market to plan and drive growth with existing accounts as well as evaluate new opportunities.
Prior experience building retail relationships and selling in the Outdoor and Club markets preferred.
The ideal candidate is detail oriented, relentless, and demonstrated prior success with retail partners to drive sales.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Lead the detailed relationship management of assigned Key Accounts at all levels
- Drive strategic account planning on an annual basis as well as quarterly (or as needed) meetings to ensure planning of sales creation and product launches throughout the year
- Partner closely with business leaders at existing/new Key Accounts; pursue opportunities such as Co-Op, Merchandising, and Promotional Planning to achieve mutual growth goals
- Partner with Key Account retail operations to ensure initiatives are being executed at store level
- Work with Sales Planning and Supply Chain departments to establish key seasonal goals and ensure appropriate inventory levels at all times
- Partner as a team player across internal departments to execute the necessary tactics and administrative steps to grow account base - including but not limited to: item set ups, assortment optimization, planogram execution, and best-in-class execution of seasonal product launches
- Work closely with Sales Support and Operations to ensure a high level of customer service
- Collect, analyze, and communicate feedback from buyers, retailers, and independent sales reps on product assortment, marketing, and pricing
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Bachelor’s degree in business or a related field and/or equivalent work experience, required
- 3+ years managing national consumer products accounts
- Must have a strong sales background with Club experience
- National account and Outdoor channelexperience, preferred
- Skilled in analyzing inventory/sell thru reporting
- Strong communication skills and understanding of retail math to lead business growth
- Ability to train individuals and know company products
- Proficient in all aspects of Microsoft Office – emphasis in Excel and PowerPoint
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Regularly required to talk and hear.
- Frequently required to stand and/or sit for extended periods of time, walk, use hands to finger, handle or feel and reach with hands.
- Domestic Travelrequired up to 40%
- Trade show set up, tear down, evening & weekend work as needed to fulfill job responsibilities.
- Occasional lifting up to 75 lbs as required to move product
- Open Office Environment – primary work location
- Warehouse Environment
- Ability to work in an office environment as well as out in the field.
- Position located in Bluffdale, UT – no relocation offered.