Why a Key Account Manager?
Changing jobs is one of life’s biggest decision. Key Account Managers at Smucker are excited to foster existing customer relationships through regular contact, monitoring and collaborating cross-functionally with our groups to ensure service requirements are met. They are experts in identifying the needs of their customer and trends in the market to build new opportunities. Choosing this role means the ability to make impactful decisions in a leading company.
As a Key Account Manager, you will:
- Develop, manage and achieve desired volume, profit and share goals for all of the assigned Smucker Consumer product portfolios
- Develop and implement annual business plans including volume objectives, trade spending requirements, strategies which are consistent with Smucker brand and Corporate strategies, opportunities and risks
- Work closely with Customer Team Leader, Trade Marketing, Siebel/Deduction Analysts and internal Smucker customers, to identify, develop and execute business building plans for the account
- Fully utilize all Post Promotion Analysis tools and POS resources to drive growth and efficiencies
- Achieve full line distribution for all assigned Smucker product portfolios with emphasis on maximizing product volume and Contribution Margin
- Establish and maintain frequent contact with account personnel, particularly merchandising, operations, supply chain and finance
- Achieve desiredAccounts Receivable and Trade Spending goals through working closely with Smucker Credit and Trade Finance departments.
- Coordinate and communicate all relevant account program information for Retail Sales Manager and Acosta Retail Broker leads to achieve desired results through Acosta retail sales personnel (merchandising, pricing, distribution, pricing, planograms)
- Report on all competitive and required information on a timely basis (weekly and quarterly reviews)
- Provide forecasting information to the demand planning team through ongoing shipment, inventory and POS analysis
What you will bring to the role:
- University Business degreerequired
- 3 - 5 years Key Account Management experience in Consumer Packaged Goods required
- Ability to operate independently
- Proven leadership skills
- Excellent negotiating, assessment and analytical abilities
- Ability to think creatively to find solutions to business issues
- Adept with Nielsen Market Track, Homescan, Channelwatch and Customer POS Data.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office applications
- Team and results oriented with effective written and communication skills
- Flexible, extended hours and workdays required basis meetings and demands of the business
- Valid drivers licence