The Key Account Manager is responsible for customer service differentiation and increased revenue and profits on one or more existing national or global accounts.
- Maintains key relationships and grows business with existing national or global accounts.
- Selects the correct products or assist customers in making product selections based on customers' needs, product specifications, and applicable regulations.
- Negotiates prices and terms of sales and service agreements.
- Insures high post-sales satisfaction, facilitating positive long-term relationships and high potential for repeat business with customers.
- Sets account and territory plans on an annual, quarterly, and monthly basis.
- Provides customer training and other value added services.
- May coach and mentor less experienced sales representatives.
- Requires a bachelor's degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Requires at least 5 years related experience.
- Requires expert abilities with building relationships, listening, persuading, negotiating and managing time.
- Requires knowledge of principles and methods for showing, promoting, and selling products or services.
- This includes marketing strategy and tactics, product demonstration, sales techniques, and sales control systems.
- Knows principles and processes for providing customer service.
- This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Effective at written and verbal communication.
- Requires substantial industry and product knowledge.
- Must be able to use Microsoft Office and Customer Relationship Management software.