The Key Account Manager is a generic position held in various sales channel and is accountable for achieving sales objectives through profiling, targeting, needs analysis and closing of sales on targeted strategic account customers and ensures the sales are profitable and within the market goals of ADC. The position is responsible for the development, management and growth of the healthcare professional recommendation to achieve sales and market share growth maximization within a strategic account setting. The major objective for this position is to grow Abbott Diabetes Care business and brand loyalty within strategic accounts including key HCP accounts, government accounts containing large diabetes clinics, hospital teaching institutions, and other major medical centers noted throughout the area for their expertise in training medical professionals and the diagnosis/ treatment of diabetes. He/she will call on these institutional and key HCP customers to raise their level of awareness and increase the demand of the ADC product line. The KAM will help to plan, direct, and coordinate overall sales activities and strategies within the given geographical area of these accounts, while increasing sales, profits and market share on a long term basis. He/she is required to maintain an active and visible role with Hospital, HCP, retail, managed care, and strategic account representatives in order to facilitate pull through programs to increase awareness and demand for the ADC product line. This position will bear the responsibility of correlating any professional contact needed within the above mentioned accounts with the operational, quality or customer service teams of ADC.
1. Achieves/exceeds sales objectives within assigned geographic territory by maintaining current diabetes base while increasing market share.
2. Develops and maintains superior relationships with key diabetes decision makers and influenciar. Effective in implementing customer loyalty initiatives.
3. Exhibits proficiency in demonstrating all diabetes products, as required.
4. Exhibits proficiency in demonstrating and training on all ancillary data management software in Abbott Diabetes Care product family.
5. Maintains a high profile with decision makers of the assigned strategic accounts.
6. As required maintains an active role with the local regional Hospital team, HCP team and Managers.
7. As required maintains an active role with the Managed care Team.
8. As required facilitates pull through of programs with the retail teams.
9. Arranges any training required within the strategic accounts.
10. Maintains a high profile with the professional diabetes organizations in the assigned geographical area.
11. Contacts and manages retail promotions to pharmacies located on the premises or connected with the assigned strategic accounts.
12. Completes all administrative duties in a timely fashion
13. Maintains a high degree of professionalism with customers and peers.
Responsible for compliance with applicable Corporate and Divisional Policies and performing other duties as assigned by management Note: This job description describes the principal and main elements of the job. It is a guide to the nature and main duties of the job as they currently exist, but is not intended as a wholly comprehensive or permanent representation
Accountability / Scope / Budget
This position interfaces frequently with Field Sales, Marketing and the company's Customer Base. It requires a comprehensive knowledge of the sales and distribution aspects of the glucose monitoring business. It also requires competent knowledge of the interior structure of the Alameda location. Travel schedule may exceed 50. Customer focus is frequent. Compensation and recognition are tied directly to personal performance. Involves considerable freedom to structure and manage work independently. Evaluating information critically and making decisions based on the data are important. Social confidence and the ability to speak in a clear and articulate manner are important. Ability to read behavioral cues and establish/maintain close business relations with high level health care professionals is critical. Ability to persuade and influence without direct control is also important.
Minimum Education & Experience
Bachelors degree or equivalent experience.
1. One calendar year experience with ADC or appropriate experience as required.
2. Excellent strategic planning and project management REQUIRED
3. Strong written and oral communication skills
4. Strong interpersonal skills.
5. A high degree of social confidence and presentation skills.
6. A high degree of computer literacy.
7. Must be willing to travel 50 during the work week.
8. Must be willing to reside within the geographical area of the assigned area.
9. 4-6 years of sales experience.