Components Technology - Our Business Area Components Technology is passionate about everything that moves. It produces components for all application areas such as front and rear axles of all Porsche models or large-diameter anti-friction slewing rings for windmill-powered plants. 30.000 employees are responsible for the success of this Business Area.
thyssenkrupp Presta Camshafts is an innovative automotive supplier of assembled camshafts. We are at the forefront of technology in the automobile industry with a patent-registered product that has changed the manufacturing of automotive camshafts forever.
As the market leader of assembled camshafts, we produce more than 25 million camshafts per year. We have over 1,800 employees in 8 locations all over the globe and are growing each year. Our products are technologically advanced due to their lightweight construction offering better fuel economy and reduced emissions. By utilizing highly automated production facilities in conjunction with our patented assembly technology we offer a competitive advantage for our customers all over the world.
Located in Danville, Illinois- thyssenkrupp Presta Danville, LLC offers its employees exciting growth opportunities both nationally and internationally, collaborative teamwork that inspires professional growth and the opportunity to work for a company with cutting edge technologies and a reputation for outstanding employee development.
We are innovative. We are market leaders. We are thyssenkrupp. Become one of us.
This position will have the primary commercial responsibility for the Ford Motor Company account in the NAFTA region. This is the largest account in the NAFTA region. Based upon capabilities, it is the intent of the organization to convert this position in one to three years to have global responsibilities for production deliveries in the NAFTA, European and Asian markets. Ford is a top four customer to thyssenkrupp camshafts.
This position may have commercial responsibility for other assigned customers.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: (Other duties may be assigned)
- Responsible for the overall customer relationship management
- Develop and deploy comprehensive customer strategies that improve the profitability and growth of TK-Presta camshafts
- Develops and deploys the customer interface strategy (points of contact, frequency) and builds strong rapport with key decision makers
- Coordination of customer commercial negotiations for TK-Presta Camshafts manufactured products to defined standards
- Develop sales forecast for use in the annual, long term planning process.
- Monitor market trends throughout the year for use in forecast adjustments
- Reporting of office activities, market forecast / developments and potential new customers
- Identify technology trends to and support the alignment / implementation of Presta internal R&D efforts.
- Support internal departments in resolution of customer issues (ex. logistics, operations, accounts receivable, etc.)
- Conduct regular customer and TK Presta Camshaft facility visits
- Identify and develop new markets and potential customers as directed
- Ensures that internal / external procedures are in accordance to TS16949 criteria
- Support communication requirements outside of standard work hours
- Willingness and ability to travel domestically and internationally
- Strong social, verbal and written communication skills
- Strong negotiation skills
- Strong analytical / problem solving skills
- Computer skills including MS Office products
- Multi-cultural awareness and sensitivity in actions
- Must be organized and prioritize actions to meet customer deadlines
- Strong business acumen with the ability to influence the customer sourcing decision in favor of thyssenkrupp products.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree with an engineering or technical field of study
- Direct experience with Ford programs and the COVISINT portal
- Five – ten years of technical commercial salesexperience
- Work experience in a multi-national, tier one OEM
- Experience with metallic components and processes with Powertrain experience is a plus
- Technically competent (able to rapidly gain a thorough knowledge of camshafts) and to have demonstrated a thorough understanding of the automotive sales performance as a Key Account Manager, or closely related experience.