By joining the Imerys team as the Key Account Manager-Film & Packaging you’ll find yourself collaborating with a highly talented team on work that’s challenging, engaging and incredibly rewarding. You’ll be an essential element of our success: trusted, empowered and supported to make a lasting impact on the very future of our business. It’s a chance to use your knowledge, skills and experience to shine brightly and achieve your ambitions. You can be that person to make a significant contribution to the operation and grow into a larger role in a relatively short period of time.
What Does A Key Account Manager Do at IMERYS?
- Responsible for Developing new business and providing service to existing accounts through sound technical knowledge, customer needs, competitive environment, accurate quoting, and professional selling skills.
- Work independently and utilize education and experience in selling industrial applications environments.
What Is A Typical Day in the Life of a Key Account Manager with IMERYS?
- Responsible for the maintenance of current product usage at existing accounts and growth of IMERYS product sales with new and prospective accounts within assigned business team.
- Participate in setting quantifiable objectives for the assigned business and lead the development of detailed Key Account plans to increase profitable usage of IMERYS products at assigned accounts with regular updates.
- Maintain accurate Forecasts of the business on a regular basis utilizing customer feedback and knowledge of the market dynamics that will affect the demand.
- Utilize CRM system for management of existing accounts, quotations and activities with new business, competitive activities, and any other information as requested.
- Identify key growth opportunities and advance the relationships with IMERYS and customers in order to fully develop opportunities for growth, profitability and strategic positioning.
- Develop a strong knowledge of assigned business and applications to understand key factors which will favorably or unfavorably impact the business. Using this knowledge, develop action plans, and lead cross-functional teams to manage the impact on the business.
- Take an active role on cross functional teams, providing critical market segment data which will determine strategic objectives and drive development of strategic, innovative products representing a significant value proposition to our Customers
- Perform account management duties including, but not limited to: negotiating short term and long term contract, administering sales contract and ensure terms and conditions are adhered to, resolution and communication of customer complaints and working with the collections department to ensure that the customers’ accounts are current.
- Proven experience in polyolefin films, breathable films, and mineral applications
- Demonstrated successful selling and account management and new account development in a technical environment
- Success factors will include strong negotiating skills, networking, understanding of applications, and successfully building strong customer relationships with many functions and levels within the customer
- B.S. Technical Business related discipline
- 5+ years of experience in a high level technical sales environment, ideally working with and understanding industrial minerals applications
REQ - 00927