Key Account Manager, Networking Equipment
Key Account Manager, Networking Equipment - 1215
East Coast, ideally Atlanta or Charlotte, near a major airport.
The North America, Key Account Manager is the primary driver of activity within our client's top volume and strategic accounts. In this role, you are responsible for actively driving key account development; working with the Sales team on strategic and tactical initiatives to drive revenue. In addition, you will work closely with the Product Marketing Team, Field Application Engineers, Business Development Managers, and the Technical Support team to promote products, clients, and initiatives.
The Key Account Manager must possess strong technical prowess, professional selling skills and a high degree of knowledge of the product, vertical markets, and industries. Top negotiating and networking skills are a priority, as this person will be working closely both with the regionally based distributors and directly with customers on large projects that will involve a professional/educated approach in order to secure business.
Strong communication and teamwork skills are also important in order to secure business, but you must also work closely with departments within the company to increase knowledge and effectiveness in front of customers.
- Meet/exceed account sales quotas as established by the Director of Sales (DoS).
- Responsible for contributing to the refinement of the Key Account Management team sales strategy
- Responsible for representing the product to customers and at field events such as conferences, seminars, etc.
- Able to convey customer requirements to Product Marketing Management teams.
- Able to travel as needed by air throughout North America.
- Be proficient in sales skills and implement the skills to build strong relationships, generate profitable revenue and drive optimum results.
- Fully utilize Salesforce.com as a tool to enhance productivity and documentation of the sales process.
- Effectively communicate with the entire team, both verbally and written.
- Maintain technical competency on all products.
- Develop, schedule and conduct solution days as appropriate at Key Account base.
- Develop Account Plans and a full understanding of the ecosphere of the value chain within the accounts.
- Provide forecasts and reports to DoS as requested.
- Proactively utilize all resources and sales tools to maximize productivity, responsiveness and customer satisfaction.
Experience & Qualifications Required:
- A minimum of a 4-yeardegree
- At least 5years experience as a Key Account Manger
- Proficient with Windows based applications
- Experience in industrial electronics, networking or similar industry is preferred.
- Ability to schedule and conduct presentations, seminars, and training to large groups.
- Experience calling on consultants, end users, industrial OEM’s and utilities is preferred.
- Knowledge of Salesforce is a plus but not required