- Provide the highest level of service and product expertise each season from sell-in to sell-thru.
- Manage & direct Better Department Store account base
Create & Execute brand and account strategies for base.
- Develop financial plans to acquire new business opportunities and maximize sales while minimalizing risk within existing businesses.
- Communicate with management both internally and externally
- Coordinate and prepare seasonal product presentations
- Achieve sales goals by quarter and category as defined by management
- Manage account level P&L to deliver targeted GM$ requirements.
- Work with marketing to develop plans to support key initiatives.
- Weekly forecasting to assure we are capturing demand
- Proactive order book management.
- Continual sales analysis to manage product life cycles, inventory models, and capitalize on successes and address issues as needed.
- Monitor competitor’s activities and performance, along with implementing strategies and tactics to compete.
- Attend regional and national sales meetings and trade shows as requested
- BS or BA Degreerequired.
- 7+ years of footwear sales or relevant experience.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Exceptional follow through and organizational skills.
- Extensive travel, up to 70%
- Working knowledge of national competitive landscape.
- Understanding of retailer’s financial metrics- sales, inventory, turn, GM$.
- Ability to effectively manage time and work against business deadlines.
- High level of energy, initiative, and professionalism.
- Innovative and entrepreneurial approaches to business issues.
- Results oriented person with technical product knowledge.
- Must be proficient on MS Office (word, excel, power-point, etc).
- Significant travel to accounts, pertinent markets, and corporate offices.