The Key Account Manager will be aligned to key accounts within a designated geographical area. KAMs will be responsible for their respective forecasted goals. The KAM will be the central point of contact for their Clovis accounts and they will have responsibilities that will span across both sales and account management. The KAM represents the assigned Clovis product and its approved indications, providing approved disease state and product information and resources to physicians, pharmacies and other stakeholders in the patient care continuum. The Key Account Manager will also have responsibilities for quarterly business reviews and contract presentations.
- Performs all aspects of total account management, including developing and maintaining strategic business relationships with targeted accounts
- Comprehensive business planning and execution
- Understands and applies knowledge of the healthcare industry, trends, applicable laws and regulations, market conditions, and the market access environment (including but not limited to pharmacy economics, payer/reimbursement landscape, and patient flow/influence between institutions and community practices
- Demonstrates understanding of current or pending clinical pathways in assigned accounts, and how they influence patient treatment
- Analyze territory performance, program outcomes, and business trends; develop and execute business plans that optimize the commercial potential of our products
- Collaborates & partners with Regional Nurse Experts, Region Business Directors & Field Marketing Managers to identify key accounts and opportunities to deliver clinical messaging.
- Responsible for sales goal and attainment within set geographical area, as well as the overall national revenue number.
- Strong execution and focus on key deliverables/targets set by both Marketing & Sales Leadership
- Delivers quarterly business reviews within key accounts partners with GPO Lead to ensure contract pull-through
- Demonstrates strong expertise and execution in account management, generating market & customer insights and demonstrated ability to influence groups/individuals
- Strong clinical proficiency with Clovis and all competitive products
- Must demonstrate an ability to drive execution of sales goals and key deliverables
- Proven track record of consistent sales success in an individual contributor role
- Understands unique challenges and business drivers across multiple channels, payers, providers and pathways
- Has a thorough understanding of payer access issues, including reimbursement and competitive access status
- Excellent selling skills - able to translate scientific and clinical findings
- Strong collaborator
- Respectful and accountable; able to relate and work with a wide range of people to achieve results
- Skilled in building and maintaining professional relationships with customer stakeholders
- Exceptional problem-solving skills, time management/organizational skills & an expert at written communication skills with impeccable planning/follow-up
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in a related business, clinical or scientific discipline
- Proven track record in achieving & exceeding sales objectives
- Experience with specialty oral oncology products accessed through the pharmacy benefit and specialty pharmacy distribution model.
- A minimum of 5 years of pharmaceutical or biotechnology sales
- Required to live within set geography
- Field based position with up to 50% travel.