Virtual / Travel
8 - 10 years
Posted 104 days ago
This position is responsible for the revenue and profitability at large, diverse and complex customer(s) that are strategic and vital to the health of the organization. Will utilize extensive sales and engineering experience to lead and develop business planning at the major accounts.
Position Responsibilities Include But Are Not Limited To:
• Forecast, develop and execute annual sales plan for assigned accounts for the purpose of increased revenue and profitability.
• Responsible for the daily commercial sales relationships at assigned accounts – including but not limited to, pricing, margin enhancement, supply agreements, DSO, scrap agreements and other selling activities. Must be able to engage customers across multiple functions.
• Coordinates with assigned business development personnel to develop and close future program opportunities through coordinated and clear communications.
• Engages applications engineering when required to support current products, development of future products and programs at assigned accounts. • Determines strategic customer accounts with the focus on increasing sales of strategic products. • Coordinates with New Business Quoting team to provide accurate and timely quotations to customers. • Utilizes and works closely with Sales Coordinators and Customer Service Representatives to support customers and operations.
• Utilizes assigned Quality Department personnel to liaison between customer and operations to resolve quality issues. • Acts as a liaison between manufacturing operations and customer locations in support of world class delivery and quality. • Manages and works with Finance on accounts receivable for payment and resolution, as required.
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience with (7) plus year’s technical experience with Caterpillar key account and other major tier/fastener supplier with a high school diploma or GED. • (5) or more years of sales and/or marketing experience with Caterpillar national or international account management experience.
• Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional/trade publications; establishing personal networks and participating in professional societies. • Decisive and confident with a strong sense of urgency and personal commitment • Excellent oral and written communication skills
•Strong interpersonal skills – ability to work across functional groups • Perceived as “team player” • Proficient in Microsoft Office software – Word, Excel and Powerpoint. Experience with SF.com/CRM tool is a plus.
• Advanced degree • Mechanical knowledge and experience in the fastener industry or related industries (e.g. heat treat, plating, cold forming) • OEM, Tier, heavy equipment, ground transportation, distribution experience
• Proficient with Google for Work-Docs/Sheets/Slides/Gmail