Our client, a German-owned manufacturer with operations in Grand Rapids, MI, is seeking a Key Account Manager with OEM salesexperience to lead the growth and support of their global automotive customer base in the US, Canada, and Mexico. This is a newly created position, may be home-based (with the ability to travel to the Grand Rapids office when needed) and will report to the VP of Sales.
Our client has experienced significant growth in the automotive sector worldwide - in Europe, China, and India with OEMs such as Ford, Infiniti, Nissan, Suzuki, etc. and those customers are looking for additional support for their North American operations. This is a highly visible role within the group and will lead all sales efforts within the automotive sector within the US, Canada, and Mexico.
The group is looking for a pioneer with a Sales Engineer background, who seeking a new challenge and has a proven track record of building strong relationships with OEMs.
- Sales responsibility in the Automotive Industry for new products and improvements to existing product, to satisfy customer requirements, within the company's business and manufacturing objectives.
- Takes active role, with Automotive Application Engineer, to improve company sales by working with potential customers on new projects that will incorporate the company's products.
- Works closely with employees at parent company in Germany on projects and programs to ensure communication and the complete usage of knowledge and resources available.
- Participates in departmental meetings to resolve problems relating to or affecting the Automotive Components Group products and customers.
- Maintains accurate and up-to-date files pertinent to the business function to provide information on a timely basis in support of SUSPA's business requirements.
- Assists in maintaining and improving a system of continuous quality improvement to insure high quality product.
- Through contact with professional societies, attending seminars and perusal of technical papers, journals and periodicals, keeps abreast of new business developments pertinent to the function of the company's best interest.
- Keeps abreast of the company's complete line of products produced to support customer requirements.
- Initiates action within area of responsibility to prevent the occurrence of nonconformity in process or product. Also document any proposed solutions and/or problems related to customer satisfaction in fulfilling requirements through the appropriate channels. Stops further processing of product that does not meet customer requirements and notifies the appropriate personnel of any quality discrepancies.
- Bachelors Degree in a technical field and five (5) years of industry experience, preferably in a hydraulics/pneumatics product environment.
- Must have salesexperience in the Automotive Sector, specificallly working withOEMs
- Must have communication and proven sales skills to interact with customers and other worldwide company and customer employees.
- Must have good organizational skills and be self-motivated. A significant amount of travel is required.