Key Account Manager
Less than 5 years experience • Manufacturing / Diversified
Do you have experience leading sales of engineered solutions, either components or subassemblies, to Original Equipment Manufacturers of medical products? Do you enjoy working with design engineers, product managers and others in the development of new products for medical or scientific applications? Do you understand and enjoy working long sales cycles that involve multiple decision influencers and decision makers?
- Responsible for maintaining and developing new business within existing accounts while identifying and initiating relationships in new accounts
- Sell consultatively while earning trusted advisor status with existing and new OEMs of scientific and medical products
- Minimum 3years of long sales cycle experience, sellingtechnical components and solutions to OEMs of scientific and medical products
- A current understanding of the steps of bringing FDA regulated products to market
- An undergraduatedegreerequired; a concentration in mechanicalengineering, physics or math is preferred
- Well-developed analytical skills with a technical aptitude
- A genuine commitment to delivering excellent customer service
- Personal situation must support up to 50% to 70%travel in the first year; travel is estimated to be 50% to 60% after the first year
There is considerable flexibility where this individual may be based; however; the person must live near a major airport.
No relocation assistance is available for this position.
A competitive compensation package is offered for this position. The compensation package consists of a base salary, bonus based on growth, company car plus benefits.
Our client designs and manufactures specialized components and subassemblies for analytical instruments used in a wide range of applications, such as: medical – human and animal, life science, food safety and scientific. The company works closely with its OEM customers and vendors in adapting its own proprietary technologies plus the latest in materials science to design and manufacture optimal assemblies and products for each client.