Every immune system has a story to tell— the key is knowing how to listen. Our goal is to meaningfully improve people's lives by learning from the wisdom of their adaptive immune systems. It's a bold objective that we're uniquely built to achieve.
At Adaptive, you'll be challenged, you'll be inspired, and you'll be part of an innovative organization making a real impact on improving the quality of life globally. No matter what your role is, you'll find a diverse, team-driven, fun culture where your contributions truly count.
Adaptive is expanding our West Sales Team, we're looking to hire a Key Account Manager for each of the following territories:
- San Francisco Bay Area
Adaptive Key Account Manager – Diagnostics Sales is responsible for growing and developing the clonoSEQ business in strategic accounts. Leverage account-specific business plans to define opportunities and establish plans to deepen and expand the credibility of Adaptive – develop plans to sufficiently allocate resources to achieve exceptional account management. Successful Key Account Managers work in close collaboration with Clinical Services, Market Access, Marketing, Medical Affairs and Legal. The successful candidate will leverage cross-functional support to generate sales through strategic and tactical activities, coordinate appropriate customer support, and follow-through to ensure customer satisfaction and repeat usage of our flagship product clonoSEQ. Additionally, high priority is placed on depth of knowledge in the oncology market and functional knowledge in the clinical/scientific aspects of cancer diagnosis and treatment. Customer segments will focus on academic centers and hospital owned/affiliated community oncology.
- Establish effective territory strategies which further Adaptive's goals in select targeted key accounts by developing account-specific business plans which prioritize and leverage internal resources.
- Identify, develop and maintain high-value relationships with KOLs, oncologist's, hospitals and core labs.
- Effectively build a short/medium/long term sales pipeline and manage the necessary levels of sales leads, prospects and opportunities.
- Build a comprehensive knowledge of customers and prospects including the overall market, customer needs, personnel and responsibilities, budgeting, knowing their funding processes and the competition.
- Demonstrate knowledge of, access to, and the ability to influence all key stakeholders in targeted accounts. (Oncologists, BMT, Hematology Pathologist, Executive Leadership, Lab personnel, etc.)
- Attend identified relevant national/reginal/local education meetings and conferences, maximizing opportunities at these events todeepen and expand the credibility of Adaptive.
- Deliver compelling sales presentations: close initial business, follow-up and identify repeat business while building a network of referrals.
- Facilitate negotiation of sales opportunities within company-established parameters, including associated purchase orders and/or quotations.
- Participate in/facilitate account agreements, educational programs, training and customer support efforts working with Adaptive's internal partners. (Clinical Services, Market Access, Marketing, Medical Affairs, etc.)
- Coordinate and communicate sales activities and strategies to management while defining resource requirements.
- Develop and maintain all account/contact details within Customer Relationship Management database (SFDC).
- Utilize sales tracking tools to effectively monitor and direct customer purchase activities.
- Provide regular and accurate sales forecast updates.
- Satisfy all product and technology training requirements as established by management.
- Comply with all Federal and State laws, regulations and policies that govern the conduct of Adaptive's activities.
- Business travel, by air, train or car is required for regular internal and external business meetings.
- BA/BS or Master's degree in Life Sciences or related field
- Strong technical background in molecular biology, genomics, next generation sequencing or immunology a plus.
- 5 – 7 years of successful sales experience in hematology, oncology, biotech, life science or diagnostic sales. Oncology lab service background a plus.
- Well-developed professional and strategic selling skills with a proven ability to grow key accounts by building and leveraging networks inside and outside the life science and research areas of key institutions. Demonstrated ability to convert qualified leads into closed sales.
- Excellent listening, time management, organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Outstanding communication skills, including the ability to illustrate potential opportunities for our technologies applications.
- Strategic account management, previous experience in developing & implementing attainable account-specific business plans is required.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment, with the goals of bringing the appropriate resources to a specific customer need. Excited about an early stage company environment that may require greater self-sufficiency.
- Experience with effective utilization of salesforce.com or similar CRM database a plus.