Responsible for partnering with account managers of complex and high-touch accounts to help capture customer opportunities in Tech Computing categories. Account Executives are responsible for working with their managers to prioritize and respond to account manager needs for expert support at identified opportunities with customers, Account Executives will frequently visit customers to market Staples offerings across Tech Computing categories and offer their expertise to help close a deal.
- Responding to prioritized support requests – the Account Executive will receive high-priority account manager requests from the Regional Sales Director and must coordinate response and required visits, both with the Account Manager and sometimes with just the Account Executive
- Teaming with Account Managers to plan growth strategies across complex and high touch accounts
- Visiting customers to help the Account Manager close Tech Computing deals by bringing expertise and knowledge of Staples' offering
- Ensuring executed wins by passing won opportunities to Key Account Managers and Customer Success Consultants to facilitate the execution of won deals
- Facilitating issue and admin work to the Customer Success Consultant – the Account Executive will pass admin and administrative work through the Customer Success Consultant
- Coordinating with inside Tech team as needed
- High School Diploma/GED required
- Minimum of 10 years of demonstrated successful strategic relationship building and solution selling experience in the Fortune 1000 and/or Global 500 market
- Impeccable oral and written communication skills and persuasive interpersonal and form presentation skills.
- Demonstrated ability with prospecting and selling individually, as well as working effectively in team selling situations with other Staples lines of business as well as with internal resources.
- Thorough and deep understanding and familiarity of current geographic marketplace and be well connected, or able to quickly connect with decision makers and influencers within the IT and procurement areas of the targeted organizations within the market.
- Self-starter with strong self-management skills and demonstrated success in larger contract long sell cycle environments.
- Bachelor's Degree in business, marketing or a related discipline
- Minimum of 2 years' experience in the Technology Industry
- Proficient in MS Office
- Working knowledge of CRM tools (i.e. Salesforce.com)