The Key Account Director is part of a dedicated team of leaders accountable for advancing access coverage in targeted health systems. The Key Account Director is accountable for establishing and cultivating productive business relationships with priority Health Systems to create favorable access for AZ’s growing enterprise portfolio, foster growth through collaboration partnerships, and ensure our strategic priorities are realized with our most important organized customers while elevating the patient experience. This position will cover the full product portfolio across CVRM and Respiratory. The Key Account Director owns the relationships with the most important Health Systems customers and leverages these relationships to generate increased demand and access for products by targeting appropriate influencers and decision-makers within the Heath Systems customer environment.
- Owns and develops relationships with C-Suite, key stakeholders including committee members, executives, clinical IT, procurement, medical directors,
- Drive portfolio growth through strategies designed to maintain or improve brand formulary access (e.g. pathway/protocol development) at key accounts.
- Build sustainable collaborations against shared priorities/common interests to deliver long-term value.
- Gain an understanding of the total investment and project deliverables by AZ to inform discussions with strategic health systems customers
- Build and maintain dynamic business plans for the prioritized health systems accounts that reflect AZ’s priorities, adapted to local customer capabilities and priorities.
- Develop and implement comprehensive business plans for assigned accounts to ensure targeted advancement.
- Ensure alignment across all internal AZ stakeholders, including local customer facing teams, Market Access, Marketing, Government Affairs and Medical, to enable optimal coordination of customer engagement so the full value of AZ’s offerings can be realized.
- These roles will be accountable for people leadership and management. The number of roles and role types will depend on the specific account.
Strategic Account Planning:
- Lead integrated key account planning across all functions for priority health systems customers to include clear, measurable business goals and KPIs
- Customize strategies for account plans to deliver on AZ’s portfolio value proposition.
- Create strategies that are mutually beneficial and aligned to customer and AZ objectives/gaps
Business Partnership Management – Internal and External:
- Lead enterprise wide collaboration and coordination across AZ field stakeholders, maximizing the culture and ensuring focused strategic execution.
- Assess plan progress, and conduct reviews across the organization
- Identify and prioritize appropriate issues to take to brand teams and has business expertise to make alignment and deployment recommendations
- Enrollment of sales leaders and other functions in strategy development and execution – and accountable for active management of customer engagement strategies with key health systems.
- Monitor and assess changing market landscape to adapt AZ’s approach to working with health systems customer channel. Leverages multiple resources to stay informed and knowledgeable of major market changes/shifts.
- Build strong working relationships with key decision makers (C-suite, D-suite customers) to ensure we can identify opportunities to appropriately partner with the customer on areas of mutual benefit (e.g. Development and implementation of protocols, and other programs that support better patient care along the patient journey)
Healthcare System Expertise:
- Engage with key customers on anticipated changes across the health system, look for signs of progression within the system toward greater control or financialrisk
- Deep understanding of MACRA, MIPS, Advanced Payment Models and other government factors impacting health systems – identify opportunities for partnership and solutions for the health system through AZ brands and capabilities
Experience and Education
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 5+ years demonstrated expertise in the pharmaceutical payer space
- Demonstrated track record of strategic impact in defining and executing complex customer experience roadmaps while driving for innovative results
- Proven experience leading high level strategic business initiatives at a global or regional level while working collaboratively
- Crafting strategies that are within execution capability of the organization
- Problem Solving; great at gleaning meaning from whatever data is available; is a quick study of the new and different; uses multiple problem-solving tools and techniques, ability to quickly “connect the dots”
- Demonstrated ability to develop credible relationships at high levels within accounts
- Ability to learn and apply scientific and clinical data with key accounts
- Possesses strong business acumen negotiation and presentation skills.
- Exemplary interpersonal communication skills, both oral and written
- Demonstrated effectiveness working independently and in groups including cross functional teams and internal/external networking driving a collaborative culture
- Highly results focused.
- Flexibility and agility, while maintaining a strong positive attitude at all times
- Ability and willingness to meet critical deadlines
- Ability to travel minimum 60+% of the time
Job reference: R-049346