Responsible for managing and fostering working relationships with assigned key account customers and acting as a central point of contact on proactive business needs and escalated customer issues. The incumbent provides support to large customers, retailers, and external agencies on THESL-related inquires and issues including but not limited to power interruption, power quality, metering, billing, supply options, connections, and electricity cost management strategies. This role collaborates with various internal stakeholders (and external organizations such as the Ministry of Energy, Independent Electricity System Operator, Ontario Energy Board, and other Local Distribution Companies.
S/he will be expected to remain abreast of general marketplace and relevant association issues impacting Key Account Customers as they may relate to customer care service delivery and THESL operations. S/he coordinates and pursues business development relationships with key customers on behalf of other THESL business interests and concerns. In addition, the incumbent will work closely with the senior management in Customer Care Operations to forecast and report key account program achievements while supporting the strategic goals of Toronto Hydro.
The Incumbent is expected to behave ethically and follow the established code of business conduct, policies and internal control procedures, laws and regulations governing Toronto Hydro.
Successful candidates must possess the following competencies and will be pre-screened for those requirements that are bolded, prior to the interview portion of the selection process. Competencies are listed in order of significance.
- Proactively manages relationships between THESL and assigned key account customers to provide superior customer experience through identification of THESL business needs and respective outreach, monitoring of customer and industry trends, and meeting frequency sufficient to support a proactive engagement model.
- Responds to customer service inquiries and escalations of an electrical distribution nature with respect to their interactions with Toronto Hydro including but not limited to rates, billing, power quality/reliability, service connections and Ontario Energy Board/Ministry of Energy programs.
- Follows up with operations and customer care as a single point of contact to address customer escalations. Maintains effective relationships with assigned key accounts and key internal and external stakeholders; critically assesses feedback from customers, including regulators and other stakeholders, to ensure that internal business processes are responsive to customer needs.
- As required, supports Key Account outage management through the Key Account/Government Relations, providing direct (proactive and reactive, as required) evening and weekend support to Key Account customers during power outage events. Ensures consistent application of regulatory requirements as they apply to key accounts. Keeps customers or representatives abreast of current information affecting their account, rates, billing options, supply options, IESO and THESL programs.
- Provides support to other THESL departments in executing planned and reactive work by arranging load transfers, co-generation curtailment and planned outages by communicating with key accounts. Addresses customer concerns by working with internal stakeholders to minimize impacts. Communicates messaging compliant with regulatory and disclosure requirements.
- Recommends areas of service improvements and provides data required to support recommendations, investment decisions and key account program development. Provides inputs in developing new marketing and promotional initiatives and collaborates with the Media and Public Relations team on special events and communications; prepares and delivers presentations to external and internal stakeholders to support the key account program.
- Reports and maintains records of customer interactions with quality and accuracy using a Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system and/or other systems. Provides analysis and insight into customer behaviors to support management decision making.
- University degree (Bachelor of Technology, Business, Electrical engineering preferred)
- 5 years of relevant professional electrical utility industry experience
- Knowledge of customer electricity end users
- Program Management
- Exceptional understanding of electricity market
- Excellent understanding of MOE, IESO and OEB roles and programs
- In-depth knowledge of the electricity distribution system, co-generation, metering, rates, usage and billing of commercial and industrial customers
- Good technical understanding of electrical power distribution and operational constraints and issues
- Key account management skills
- Strategic negotiation and facilitation skills
- Ability to manage customer service targets and Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
- Excellent verbal/written communication skills, strong presentation skills
- Demonstration of critical thinking
- Demonstration of teamwork skills, and ability to manage inter-departmental tasks
- Frequent day-travel to customer sites
- Excellent MS Office skills
Job Segment: Consultant, Consulting, Law, Engineer, Electrical, Contract, Legal, Engineering