Responsibilities & Requirements
The Communications Specialist will write, edit, and coordinate design and production of printed and online materials for health plan members. The Specialist will develop health plan member and stakeholder communications for client review and approval. Communications may include web and online materials, such as Certificates of Coverage (COC), brochures, letters, talking points, and FAQs. Specialist will coordinate iterative review process with multiple Cambia and client stakeholders, and coordinate production and printing of multiple materials in support of health plan benefits fairs and open enrollment.
Skills and abilities needed for success:
- Demonstrated competency working cross functionally and interacting with partners and clients at all levels
- Working knowledge of health care benefits and ability to translate them into language the average health care consumer can understand
- Demonstrated attention to detail
- Strong team player with excellent communication skills
- Established organizational and project management skills
- Experience working with design and print vendors
- Strong understanding health literacy and what it means to be consumer-focused
- Experience distilling complicated technical messages into consumer-friendly language consistent with Cambia’s writing standards and health plan brand voice
- Experience organizing, planning, prioritizing, and completing complex assignments with little or no supervision and within prescribed timeframes
- Skilled in the use of personal computer software, including Microsoft Word, Access, Excel, Visio, and PowerPoint
Normally to be proficient in the competencies listed above:
The Communications Specialist would have a degree in communications, marketing or a related field and 5 years of communications experience.
- Establish and execute a process for production of annual Certificates of Coverage for health plan members.
- Facilitate edits and finalization of Welcome Packets and Open Enrollment materials working withinternal partners and print vendors
- Facilitate provider termination notice process.
- Coordinate data sourcing for health plan member communication.
- Write and/or edit and coordinate reviews of member communications for client.
- Co-lead production timelines with client and ensure appropriate client and Cambia staff understand and meet expectations.
- Co-lead writing, review and updates to client benefits website.
- Provide client intranet and member website support.
- Support development and production of health plan member communications as requested by client. Could include brochures, letters, talking points, FAQs, web and digital content.
- Gather and send documents used to make coverage determinations to client on a monthly basis
- Maintain a catalog of letters used for client members and update them as appropriate
Requisition ID 2018-24720