Industry: Health & Fitness•
Not Specified years
Posted 459 days ago
Major Duties and Responsibilities
1. Devote sufficient time to the educational program to fulfill their supervisory and teaching responsibilities and to demonstrate a strong interest in the education of residents.
2. Administer and maintain an educational environment conducive to educating residents in each of the ACGME competency areas.
3. Maintain clinical skills by providing direct patient care and precept residents, which will include extended hours from time to time.
4. Maintain an environment of inquiry and scholarship with an active research component.
5. Regularly participate in organized clinical discussions, rounds, journal clubs, ambulatory care rounds and conference and encourage and support residents in scholarly activities.
6. Demonstrate scholarship by one or more of the following:
(1) peer-reviewed funding
(2) publication of original research or review articles in peer reviewed journals, or chapters in textbooks
(3) publication or presentation of case reports or clinical series at local, regional, or national professional and scientific society meetings
(4) participation in national committees or educational organizations
7. Commit to the goals of the Program, including development of the resident medical knowledge, clinical, technical, management skills and clinical judgment and serve as an advisor to a complement of residents.
8. Attend all faculty meetings and appropriate staff meetings as determined by the Program Director of the Family Practice Residency Program.
9. Serve on the clinical competency committee and the program evaluation committee.
10. Participate in activities, which enhance Professional Growth and Development and serve on various medical staff committees.
11. Some faculty members will provide and teach care for each of the following: maternity care, including deliveries; inpatient adults; and inpatient children.
12. Some faculty members must have admitting privileges in the hospital(s) where FMP patients are hospitalized.
13. Some faculty members will supervise in long-term care settings.
14. Some faculty members will have additional administrative responsibilities related to specific leadership roles, according to other job descriptions (Associate Program Director, Medical Director, etc.)
Knowledge and Ability
1. Physician - licensed in the state of Georgia.
2. Shall have completed an accredited residency program in Family Medicine.
3. Shall be certified and recertified by the American Board of Family Medicine.
Job Id: KH-1155782