5 - 7 years
Posted 409 days ago
The sales account manager, Industrial promotes JTEKT products with the main focus on increasing industrial OEM and aftermarket sales business as well as maintaining existing customer base. This individual is responsible for communicating business opportunities, issues, and status to other JTEKT members and departments in order to meet customer expectations and achieve JTEKT goals.
Essential Duties and Accountabilities:
• Develop a comprehensive business plan to create new business and maintain and increase sales for existing customers
• Systematically prospect, identify, qualify and develop new business and follow up on quotes and leads
• Create and maintain account schedules and tracking documents
• Develop a strong and positive relationship with customers and colleagues and maintain goodwill with customers and prospective customers by identifying decision makers and contacting key individuals regularly
• Responds promptly to customer concerns and inquiries and ensures customer’s technical requirements are met and produced to the correct design level.
• Prepare and submit detailed ongoing activity reports including monthly maintenance and development reports, business call reports, surveys and customer call schedules.
• Use effective selling, planning and time management skills in daily work
• Take the initiative in planning for self-development, career training and performance improvements
• Inform appropriate managers of problems/critical information and recommends solutions to customer problems.
• Field Service Engineering duties as required.
• This position has no supervisory responsibilities, but requires excellent leadership skills and the ability to motivate cross-functional teams and colleagues.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Proactively develop and increase your knowledge of Koyo products, services, target markets, etc. as defined by upper management and company initiatives.
• Knowledge of design and function of different types of bearings.
• Intermediate or above proficiency with Excel, Word, and Outlook and Customer data management with large software systems such as (ORACLE, SAP, etc) is required
• Solid problem solving skills using a variety of business and root cause tools.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills are required, including solid presentation skills
• Good interpersonal and organization skills
• Has a valid driver’s license; clean driving abstract
Education and Experience:
• Mechanical Engineeringdegree and five years job experience or 10 years equivalent job related experience.
• Experience with design and functioning of all types of bearings
Work Environment/Physical Demands:
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Work is mostly performed in a normal office setting with minimal exposure to health or safety hazards, and with substantial time spent working on a computer.
• Requires sufficient hand, arm, and finger dexterity to operate computer keyboard and other office equipment.
• The performance of this position may occasionally require exposure to manufacturing areas which require the use of personal protective equipment such as safety glasses with side shields and mandatory hearing protection.
• Sitting with intermittent walking.
• Local travel accounts for 70% of time with occasional US travel.