Education: Associates Degree. Bachelor's degree preferred.
Training and Experience: Minimum 2 years experience as a KC-130J Pilot within the last 7 years. Or a minimum of 2 years experience working on revision and maintenance of KC-130J Pilot courseware within the last 5 years. Extensive knowledge of KC-130J operational performance capabilities.
General Skills: Must possess highly developed organizational, planning and management writing skills, oral communication skills, project management skills, ability to schedule work flow, prioritize, delegate, meet deadlines, and be multi task oriented. Ability to work with little to no supervision.
Computer Skills: Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
Security Clearance: Must currently possess a "Secret" level security clearance.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Review curriculum, assess and recommend improvements to the training program.
- Attend required meetings/training.
- Update, modify and maintain currency of curriculum to support platform specific training.
- Assess training, syllabus and mission scenarios to ensure courseware and training documents reflect current tactics, techniques and procedures as defined in the NTTP, Joint Doctrine and Marine Corps War-Fighting Publications and are the most effective means of execution.
- Provide analysis of existing testing instruments and recommend changes to improve training baseline and measure proficiency of training objectives.
- Review syllabi and recommend changes to the lessons based on NATOPS changes, engineering changes, tactics and evolving mission area changes.
- Revise and maintain console instructor guides in support of the KC-130J training.
- Revise and maintain simulator scenarios. This includes updating the orders of battle, flight paths, enemy and friendly reactions, threat platforms, time lines, and Integrated Air Defense Systems.
- Perform other incidental and related duties as required and assigned.