Position Description The Kandy Development Engineer is a Junior or Intermediate role that will beresponsible for delivering key features, making implementation decisions, implementingdeveloper facing interfaces and providingsupport to customers. This is a technically challenging role for softwaredevelopers who enjoyworking with bleeding edgetechnologies on the web and onmobile in a modern environment using modern tools. As part of theDeveloperExperience team you would also identify and drive improvement in our SDKs,developer portal and documentation to continually improve thedeveloperexperience. Working in a rapidAgile environment, thedeveloperwill
- Develop new features in an iterative manner for our web and mobile Kandy SDKs.
- Implement library interfaces for our customer facing web and mobile Kandy SDKs.
- Contribute to development, unit and automation testing of the Kandy SDKs.
- Help identify the ongoing evolution needs of the SDK, assessing new technology for improvements and rapidly deploying to GENBAND and 3rds party developer base.
- Support application developers, using the framework to build their Unified Communications clients.
- Identify improvement areas on both software and documentation that will fuel easier adoption of our capabilities.
Qualifications Must Have:
- 1 to 5years of professional development experience in an enterprise environment
- Minimum of 1year of experience developing web or mobile applications
- Strong proficiency with HTML 5, CSS, SASS and build tools (Grunt, Gulp, Webpack)
- Strong proficiency in Web Application Testing
- Strong ability to debug / resolve problems
- Familiarity with the multiple phases of a product life cycle
- Excellent communication skills
- Demonstrated personal traits: Proactive, initiator, ‘do-it-yourself’
- Committed to learning and growing with the team and eager to take on new challenges.
Nice to Have:
- University degree or College diploma in technology related field (Computer Science, Engineering, Programing)
- Experience developing a mobile application on either iOS or Android
- Familiarity with mobile platform development environments for either IOS or Android
- Experience with real-time communication, particularly webRTC would be highly beneficial.
- Experience with all aspects of product life cycle
- Familiarity with solutions like Electron, Cordova, Crosswalk, etc.
- Familiarity with Java