About the role:
Reporting to the Director of K-12 Sales, this high visibility, high-impact Sales Management position will build upon and enhance existing inside sales team performance. This position manages a team of Account Executives responsible for selling K-12 vertical solutions including content management, learning management, enrollment management, student information, financial management, and fundraising solutions.
The sales manager will be leading a team that is responsible for generating growth within our General Markets customer base, working with K-12 independent non-profit schools in the Northeast region. The ideal candidate will assist in the strategic planning for each account by working with customers to understand their challenges, identify opportunities, and leverage past solutions as blueprints for future success. They'll also meet with C-level executives to guide technological decision-making.
What you'll be doing:
Providing increased value to existing Blackbaud clients by providing additional by upselling and cross-selling Blackbaud modules and solutions.
- Leading a sales team to achieve quarterly/annual revenue and growth targets by establishing sales goals and monitoring team members' achievements
- Serving as a key driver for setting/surpassing sales objectives and working with key team members in products, marketing and services to develop market strategies and presentations
- Providing accurate weekly, monthly and quarterly forecasts
- Attracting and retaining all-star account executives (hire, train, coach, appraise, reward, motivate, etc.)
- Participating in the sales process on key accounts and maintaining positive customer relationships both before and after the sale to maximize client satisfaction
- Serving on General Markets subcommittees to build value and efficiencies for our clients, prospects and overall business
- Traveling to meet with customers 40-50% of the time
What we'll want you to have:
- At least 4 years of sales management experience within a education tech vendor (SaaS environment preferred)
- Experience writing sales plans and tracking activity of sales teams
- Proven track record of consistent mentoring and coaching resulting in over-achievement of quotas
- Demonstrated knowledge of sales force automation technologies and experience in applying these technologies
- Fostering a positive attitude, the ability to stay flexible in a fast-paced, changing environment and the enthusiasm required to maintain long-term customer relationships
- A passion to help make an impact on the world by providing our customers with Blackbaud's innovative solutions
- A Bachelor's degree