We are looking for Juniper Firewall Engineer for our client in Atlanta, GA
Job Title: Juniper Firewall Engineer
Job Location: Atlanta, GA
Job Type: Contract ? 12 Months / Contract to Hire / Direct Hire
- The Client is looking for a onsite lead firewall Engineer to develop and implement technical and procedural changes to networksecurity systems. This role will be hands on with focus on implementing edge, firewall and Network Access Control solutions.
- The engineer will also applysecurity standards for both Internet facing applications as well as internal applications, pertaining to the network and securityinfrastructure
- The lead Engineer develops, maintains, and supports The Client's technical infrastructure that includes network, firewalls services and application controls.
- The Engineer is responsible for collaborating with and enabling product teams with infrastructure. Lead Engineers are expected to have scriptingexperience to automate and optimize performance.
- In addition, she/he will be involved in routine upgrades and application support as well as root cause and post mortem analyses around security incidents and service interruptions.
- Engineer should have strong communication skills and be able to operate independently, though typically working as part of a team with varying skillsets
MAJOR TASKS, RESPONSIBILITES AND KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES:
10% ? Planning & Analysis:
- Uses critical thinking to approach problems and create solutions
- Collaborates with senior leaders on assignments
80% ? Delivery & Support:
- Strong command line skills on the Juniper firewall SRX 3400,3600,1400,5800. Palo alto 7050s.
- Strong routing /switching skills.
- Proactively creates and maintains tools for monitoring and support and reporting across multiple efforts
- Configuration, debugging, and support for infrastructure
- Drives the stand up of necessary system software, hardware, and equipment (physical or virtual) to meet changing infrastructure need.
- Collaborates with product and project teams to understand needs and enable them with infrastructure
- Leverages tooling and custom applications to monitor the operational status of applications, infrastructure, networks, databases, and security; optimizes and tunes performance as appropriate
- Drives root cause analysis, debugging, support, and post-mortem analysis for security incidents and service interruptions
- Maintains, upgrades, and supports existing systems and infrastructure to ensure operational stability
- Opens and manages vendor problem tickets to resolution
- Drives the production of in-house documentation around solutions
- Provides application support for software running in production
- Creates scripts and tools that drive automation and enable product teams and end users to move towards self service.
10% - Learning:
- Keeps abreast of innovations and industry trends as well as changes to internal systems and determines how they impacts tools, training, and support necessary to keep systems up, running, and secure.
- Participates in and contributes to learning activities around modern systems engineering core practices (communities of practice).
- Proactively views articles, tutorials, and videos to learn about new technologies and best practices being used within other technology organizations
- The knowledge, skills and abilities typically acquired through the completion of a high school
- diplomas and/or GED.
- JNCIA certification a must.
- Years of Relevant Work Experience:8-10 years
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Computer Science or a related field
- Excellent academic performance
- Interest in working as part of a collaborative, cross-functional, modern systems engineering team.