The Technical Support Engineer provides inbound technical support for Veeam's products via the telephone, email, and remote sessions, which may require careful examination of multiple infrastructures and other environmental variables, as well as a detailed analysis of log files. This highly technical support role requires deep analytical troubleshooting of complex technical problems.
This position is not a traditional call center based customer service role.
- Provide technical support and troubleshooting for Veeam Software's clients via telephone, email, and web conferencing.
- Proactively stay up to date with all the latest technologies concerning Veeam's products and the underlying technologies.
- Research and troubleshoot customer problems and inquiries.
- Update and work assigned cases in a timely manner.
- Maintain strong customer rapport and excellent, timely communication.
- Contribute to documentation to build Veeam's knowledge base.
- Creativity and perseverance for solving problems.
- Proven track record of high customer satisfaction ratings in customer or technical service role.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Collaborative work environment for team success.
- Encouragement during stressful times for yourself and to peers.
- Good understanding of Windows OS and/or Linux troubleshooting.
- Good understanding of the TCP/IP stack protocols.
- Excellent understanding of the OSI model.
- IT administration experience in a Windows or Linux environment desired.
- VMware, Microsoft, or Nutanix technology experience desired.
- 1 or more years of technical troubleshooting experience in a role where problem resolution skills were required.
- Associate degree preferred.
- Excellent communications skills (verbal and written).
- Able to work independently in a fast-paced environment.
- Operate effectively in stressful situations.