The Jr Task Manager applies general audit advisory experience to contribute to a team that supports USAF FIAR activities for annual independent public accounting (IPA) financial statement audit liaison; enduring audit readiness; development and implementation of corrective action plans; assessing and documenting information technology compliance; broad based communication and change management; preparing, accurately reporting, and maintaining General Equipment Valuation (GEV), Military Equipment Valuation (MEV) and Operating Material and Supplies (OM&S) in an audit ready state; and preparing the agency financial report.
- Support enduring audit readiness and internal controls by advising and assisting with implementation and compliance with FMFIA 1982, OMB Circular A-123, OMB Bulletin No 01-02, FFMIA 1996, and GAO “Green Book.”
- Assist in tracking, monitoring, and reporting of all notice of findings and recommendations (NFRs) received from the IPA, and financial management relevant findings from the GAO, DoD IG, and AFAA in accordance with FIAR Guidance and AF SOPs to ensure closure, and assist in the development, recommendation and implementation of corrective action plans (CAPs) to remediate .
- Provide audit liaison support to assist in the communications necessary to support financial statement audit, including maintenance and execution of audit infrastructure. Maintain, configure, provide administrative services, update and use the centralized audit response tools to retain audit documents to facilitate audit liaison activities for financial statement audits.
- The contractor shall assist in the preparation of the Annual Financial Report (AFR). In accordance with OMB Circular A-136.
- Four (4) year accounting degree preferred or Business Management degree with Financial Statement Auditing or Audit Readiness experience.
- Five (5) years of accounting or financial management experience, including three (3) or more years of progressive experience in leading business management and/or financial management services projects.
- Experience performing financial statement audits in DoD, federal agencies, or commercial Fortune 400 organizations and/or preparation of assertion packages.
- Interim Secret Clearance with the ability and intention of obtaining a Secret Clearance; A TS/SCI Clearance is required for personnel involved with Special Programs - Must be a US Citizen.
- CPA, CGFM, CDFM or CIA preferred.
- Ability to lead a team of 2-5 personnel.
- Ability to prepare clear, concise written correspondence.
- Detail oriented and proven organizational skills.
- Experience communicating with stakeholders with ease.
- Ability to thrive in a changing environment.