Job Title: Java with Sybase
Location: NYC, NY
This position provides a unique opportunity to gain subject matter expertise in both technology and finance, and to directly engage with colleagues and senior management from across the business, risk, finance, and technology
- Having exposure to all stages of the software development cycle with a range of technologies (standard and proprietary).
- Partner with the rest of the Technology and Strats organization to leverage our deep technical intellectual property and products from across the Firm to enhance control while also delivering best-of-breed commercial-quality enterprise applications for purpose of liquidity measurement and analytics.
- Directly interface with the Business and our Federation partners in Finance and Risk.
Skills: Basic Qualifications
- Extensive experience in SQL
- Extensive experience in scriptinglanguages ( e.g. python, perl ) AND/OR Java AND/OR Web UI (e.g. Java script, AngularJS, React)
- Excellent interpersonal/communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Sybase skills and experience
- Good user requirements analysis skills and the ability to build strong user relationships
- Comfortable with rapid development environment.
- Strong in application development concepts including distributed computing, design patterns, middleware, Framework development and performance optimization.