This role reports to Service Lead and is located in Sugar Land, Texas. As a Junior Remote Support Engineer, you will be responsible for all levels of phone, email and onsite support to Field Service Engineers and customers on troubleshooting and diagnosis to resolution. We need strong repair and troubleshooting experience with Linux based system and power electronics ideally related to EV charging, UPS Uninterruptable Power Source) or VSD (Variable speed drive).
- Provide first and second-level telephone technical support wherever required.
- Identify and prepare scope of work for dispatch to site or to engineers.
- Be available for after-hours telephone support.
- Provide phone support service to meet 24x7 SLA and ensure all calls are closed within SLA.
- Update database with call status and information and ensure all parties are informed.
- Provide training to Field Service Engineers.
- Provide support, guidance and assistance to Junior Technical Support Engineers or Technical Support Engineers.
- Ensure all procedures are implemented.
- Ensure that the field service engineers are performing the work in a safe manned and in compliance with the scope of work as well as related instructions sheets and also report any unsafe work practices.
- Provide reports where required and ability to multi-task and maintain priorities.
- Ability to adapt to a rapidly growing and changing work environment and to maintain excellent customer service rapport.
- Any other duties which may from time to time be requested by Remote Service Manager or Management.
- Minimum 1 year of experience in electrical engineering or related field. Current college enrollment or Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Candidates must already have a work authorization that allows them to work for ABB in United States.
- Minimum of 1-year technical experience in a hardware break/fix trouble shooting environment for power electronics EV charging, UPS Uninterruptable Power Source) or VSD (Variable speed drive).
- Looking for strong repair troubleshooting experience with Linux based systems.
- Proficiency in Windows based applications, Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Must be able to lift a minimum of 50 pounds.
- Travel up to 30% may be required within US territory.
- B.S. in related field is a plus.