The Boeing Test & Evaluation Midwest Data Processing & Visualization team is seeking a highly motivated software engineer to develop applications and tools assisting in real time display of flight test data and post processing of recorded flight test data.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Working in a small team environment where each member is expected to contribute to the full software development life cycle including requirements analysis, design, development, test, documentation, licensing, and user support.
- The individual will be expected to implement software solutions, troubleshoot software issues and other related duties in cooperation with Test Requirements and Analysis engineers and Instrumentation Operation Engineers.
The Data Processing & Visualization team develops tools and applications for understanding, mining, analyzing, and displaying data produced from unique flight test aircraft outfitted with Instrumentation & Data Systems solutions.
The Test and Evaluation team develops and implements complex calculations of flight test data, the building and controlling of real-time safety monitoring displays, and performs preliminary analysis for ground and flight test data.
Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
Engineering Test and Tech
Relocation Assistance Available
No. Relocation assistance is not a negotiable benefit.
This position requires an active Secret U.S. Security Clearance. (A U.S. Security Clearance that has been active in the past 24 months is considered active.)
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
- Knowledge of the concepts and processes of managing a software system throughout the entire life cycle
- Experience understanding and developing software solutions to meet end user's requirements
- Knowledge of software architecture and design methodologies
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- Experience with MIL-STD-1553, ARINC-429, and Ethernet communication protocols
- Experience with Team Foundation Server and Git configuration management tools
- Experience meeting with end-users/customers to determine software use cases and requirements.
- Experience with data mining and analytics
- Previous experience with test & evaluation instrumentation
- Proficient in programming languages like C#, C++ and ability to work with MySQL
- Proficient developing software using Visual Studio .Net framework
Degree and typical experience in engineering classification: Bachelor's and 2 or more years' experience or a Master's degree with experience. Bachelor, Master or Doctorate of Science degree from an accredited course of study, in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry. ABET is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.