Our 22,000 employees work at the forefront of scientific innovation to tackle critical challenges in security, human health, manufacturing, energy and environmental management. Battelle's work is grounded in the belief that science, technology and a passion for excellence can make industries more competitive and the world a better place.
Battelle's Mission Solutions Business Line is seeking a Software Engineer to support multiple government programs and internal research and development. The position will work in a small, fast-moving team collaborating with other engineering disciplines, designers and technicians to deliver cutting-edge software products to the existing and emerging markets.
We are currently seeking a Software Engineer. This position is located in Columbus, OH.
- This position will support application design, implementation, and testing in a complex system-of-systems architecture including embedded systems and Linux environments.
- Contributing to the design and documentation of state-of-the-art software and embedded solutions
- Designing UIs to efficiently communicate data to users while maintaining uniform style
- Unit, integration, and system testing and debugging of applications
THE FOLLOWING IS REQUIRED
- Bachelor's Degree in related engineering field (e.g., Electrical/Computer Engineering, Software Engineering/Development)
- 3-5 years of development experience in C and C++ with supporting experience with Python and Java.
- Excellent communication and writing skills and ability to work in cross-functional team
- Proactive approach to problem solving and commitment to achieving quality results on schedule
- Sole US Citizenship
- Ability to obtain TS/SCI clearance and pass polygraph
THE FOLLOWING IS DESIRED
- Experience with bare-metal application development on custom microcontrollers, FGPA or DSP based systems
- Experience leading a team of technical staff with different levels of expertise and focus
- A portfolio of source code demonstrating development experience and capabilities.
- Hold a current TS/SCI clearance and polygraph