Jr Backend Software Engineer Backend
More than 7 billion people depend on farms for healthy and affordable food. By 2050, the global population will reach 9.4 billion and farmers will need new ways to deliver on this demand. �They�ll be seeking options that are economically viable and that will help them remain environmentally sustainable. Granular's software meets this need, making farmers more efficient.
We�re looking for a Junior Software Engineer to architect and build the back-end for Granular Insights iOS and Android apps. This role is integral to Granular's success and is a unique opportunity to join a mission focused, fast-paced, smart and fun team.
What You�ll Get To Do:
- Work closely with other iOS and Android developers to develop high-performance, scalable backend applications.
- Create HTTP interfaces to various databases and micro services to be consumed by native mobile applications
- Modify existing micro services and optimize them to be used in mobile platform.
- May develop software in native iOS or Android environment using Swift or Kotlin to consume the backend data and integrate it with the rest of the app.
- Enable offline-first technology on the mobile platform by creating all the necessary backend databases and developing micro services.
- Design and contribute to interfaces between different systems through realtime and event-based methods
- Work closely with Product/Eng leads to chart the path for next generation architecture.
- Understand business requirements and translate them into technical requirements.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- 2+ years of experience developing user-friendly web or mobile applications in a fast-paced environment is a plus
- Experience building scalable API�s for a variety of client applications.
- Experience with REST.
- Experience with BaaS technologies such as Google Firebase, AWS AppSync, a plus.
- Strong oral and written communication skills and an ability to collaborate with non co-located teams.
- Specific experience building complex software using web or mobile application. technologies. Knowledge or desire to learn Python (including Pyramid, Django, and Flask), and PostgreSQL, Messaging systems is a plus.
- Knowledge and experience with DevOps, monitoring, continuous integration software, including AWS, DataDog, and SumoLogic. Docker a plus.
- Excellent software design skills, code quality and attention to detail
- Start-up experience a plus
- Having worked with a team that published an Android or iOS app is a plus
Perks and Benefits:
- Upward mobility. �We are growing and need talent who can take on increasingly challenging and rewarding roles
- Generous Vacation
- 401k Matching Program
- Employer sponsored Medical, Dental, and Vision
- Vision, Dental and Dependent Care FSA
- Family, Maternity and Paternity Leave
- Learning and Development Programs
- Open floor plan and dog-friendly offices
Who We Are:
Granular combines the leadership and innovation of experienced entrepreneurs, advisors, and investors with the meaningful insights of farmers, agronomists, data scientists and engineers. �
Our internal team has the focused, innovative business and technical acumen that defines Silicon Valley; this expertise has produced products including Granular Business, Granular Agronomy, AcreValue, and AgStudio.
Founded in February 2014, and backed by leading VC�s like Andreessen Horowitz and Google Ventures, Granular is an independent subsidiary of Corteva, a spin off of DowDuPont�. �We currently have offices in San Francisco, CA, Champaign, IL, Des Moines, IA and Cumming, GA. Learn more about our company and people here!