ASRC Federal is seeking a CLEARED Junior Software Engineer for our Aberdeen, Maryland location.
- Design, develop, and test web-enabled applications using technologies such as Java and C++ for ground tactical vehicle platforms.
- Development activities will include graphical user interfaces, web services, and information assurance using a variety of languages and tools.
- work with system engineers and development leads to transform functional requirements into functional software.
- have a strong foundation in software coding techniques and familiarity with human computer interaction paradigms.
- Must possess an ACTIVE SECRET Clearance
- A Bachelor's Degree in Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or related discipline required.
- Solid grasp of algorithms, memory management, object oriented programming, and oncurrent programming.
- Commitment to quality through unit testing, regression testing, and peer reviews.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and the ability to articulate design and development concepts clearly.
- Candidates must have knowledge or experience working with the Java programming language.
- Experience with the Java Swing API
- Familiarity with Simple Object Access Protocol (SOAP)
- Knowledge of Web Service Security and Policy (WS-S / WS-P)
- Familiarity with tools such as Eclipse, Maven, Gradle, SVN, Mercurial, Git, Tomcat, etc.
- Experience with both Windows and Linux environments
- Understanding of Public Key Infrastructure (PKI) or X.509 Certificates
- Knowledge or experience with XML and web services is desired.