he Oakland Athletics are seeking a Junior SoftwareDeveloper;responsible for developing and maintaining software used by all Baseball Operations personnel. The SoftwareDeveloper will work on full-stack development, from front-end web interfaces to back-enddatabases, along withmobile application development. They will work with end-users across the department, so communication and collaboration skills are imperative. TheDeveloper will interact with personnel in Oakland and members of our Player Development department in Mesa, AZ.
• Assist in the development and maintenance of all software used by personnel within the Baseball Operations department.
• Work with Player Development, Medical, and Scouting leadership to define requirements for new software development.
• Work with department stakeholders to develop, test, and deploy as well test new mobile application initiatives.
• Build relationships, communicate effectively, and gather feedback from baseball operations staff to build new platforms and improve existing systems.
• Perform other duties as assigned
• BA or BS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related technical field of study or equivalent work experience.
• Familiarity with database technologies and SQL. Microsoft SQL Server experience is a plus.
• Strong communication skills and ability to work collaboratively within a team environment.
• Interest in researching new technologies and learning new coding languages as needed.
• Strong work ethic, initiative, and the ability to solve technical problems.
• Interest in optimizing user experience through effective UI/UX design.
Preferred Qualifications and Skills:
• 1-3+ years of relevant work experience
• Experience with mobile application development and deployment, including Android and iOS native applications.
• Experience with video streaming on web and mobile applications
• Knowledge of current baseball statistics and analytics used in player evaluation
The Oakland A’s are an Equal Opportunity Employer