The Junior Server Engineer is responsible for the maintenance, and support for large scale enterprise Microsoft, VMware and Dell Equal logic/Compellent storage environment. The Server Engineer is expected to have a good foundation of Windows Server 2012/2008/2003, VMware infrastructure and Active Directory. Day-to-day responsibilities include system administration including the working trouble tickets, monitoring of systems, security, performance, and backup/restore and configuration changes. Troubleshoot incidents, determine root causes, and finds/ implements solutions for problems.
- Familiarity with Microsoft products such as SQL, IIS, SharePoint and Exchange,
- Possesses strong troubleshooting and problem solving skills, including application and network-level troubleshooting ability.
- High levels of confidence and experience in using the typical Linux toolbox of open source software and management tools.
- Strong understanding of various protocols and services including NFS, DHCP, DNS, IP, TCP, UDP, TFTP, NTP.
- Ability to develop business relationships and communicate effectively with the developers, peers and supervisors.
- Strong writing skills and the ability to create professional business documents.
- Applies strong knowledge of processes and resources required to perform analytical and technical problem solving tasks.
- Ability to use data and logic to quickly find solutions to difficult challenges.
- Adheres to schedules and agendas and respects others’ time.
- Effectively prioritizes and executes tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Adjusts effectively to new work demands, processes, structures and cultures.
- Works well independently or in teams.
- Able to manage multiple assignments simultaneously.
- Bachelor (4-year) degree with a technical major such as engineering or computer science, or demonstrated work experience.
- Proficiency with common Windows System administration and AD tools essential.
- Must have working knowledge of the following areas: VMware vSphere 5 and 6 and VMware Horizon, Linux, Windows Server 2012/2008/2003 Domain Environment (Active Directory, DHCP, DNS, etc.).
- Must be able to balance high quality standards with schedule pressures and demanding environment.
- Must be a resourceful self-starter, flexible, pro-active, solution-oriented and customer-oriented.