Junior Robotics C++ Software Developer (2400-LAD)
We are searching for a candidate to join our client's team of software, electrical and mechanical engineers to help create novel robotics systems. Our client develops a wide variety of semi-autonomous robots, primarily on contract for the U.S. Department of Defense. You will be developing robotics software in C++, so experience with technologies such as LIDAR, GPS and IMU will be highly desirable.
LOCATION Ann Arbor, MI area
COMPENSATION Commensurate with experience. This is a direct-hire role.
Please note: In some cases, our client elects to engage candidates in a contract-to-hire model. If this applies to you, you would be an employee of Stout Systems for approximately 6 months and then convert to employment with our customer.
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Robotics or similar discipline REQUIRED
• Previous experience working with robotics (academic projects or internships may be acceptable in some cases)
• C++ development experience in a Linux environment
• A strong desire to learn the technologies used in the robotics industry
• Because our client works for the U.S. Department of Defense, you must be a U.S. Citizen.
• Experience with LIDAR, IMU and GPS WOULD BE BENEFICIAL
• Developing 2D/3D graphics
• Network programming
• Embedded hardware OVERVIEW
• The technical approaches you will take involve vehicular kinematics, sensor fusion, motion planning, and state estimation.
• The hardware systems you will use are ground vehicles, LIDAR, radar, sonar, GPS, IMU, electric motors, wireless networks and more.
NOTE: Even if you decide not to apply for this position, please recommend this job to a qualified colleague! STOUT SYSTEMS Fueled by the most powerful technology available: Human Intelligence. ®