Learn and work on meaningful initiatives with some of the best and brightest in the market research industry. The NPD Group provides the world’s most successful brands with leading market research, combining consumer and retail point-of-sale data with analytic solutions to interpret today’s market trends while anticipating tomorrow’s. In addition, we offer a career filled with innovation and growth to the forward-thinking problem solvers who join our team.
Be the first of your friends to declare, “I love where I work!” and actually mean it. Have fun and work hard with some of the best and brightest in the market research industry. NPD is one of the leading market research providers in the world.
We offer competitive market research and intelligence to our customers and many of the world’s largest companies. In addition, NPD offers a career filled with innovation and opportunity to the forward-thinking problem solvers who join our family.
You’re a passionate, dynamic, and highly motivated individual who’s looking for an opportunity to have an impact on some of the most well-known companies in the world. This integral member of the Panel technology team will report into the Manager of Panel Survey and Application Development.
The ideal candidate will have experience working both individually and in a small team environment participating in all phases and performing all tasks in the software development life cycle including desgin, development, testing, implementation, maintenance, to support new and existing processes of the Consumer Panel department.
The candiddate must be an avid learner and be able to work in a fast paced environment. The succesful candidate must be active in learning all aspects of Consumer Panel applications and processes (e.g. Confirmit, SQL, data management, web site management and updates), providing documentation as required.
This postion will have changing priorities and the ideal candidate must be able to excel in this environment, expressing flexibility and adapatability. They must be competent in managing their time and activities, possessing a 'can-do' perspective in their professional attitude, detail oriented and demonstrate a strong work ethic.
This position will be based in Port Washington, NY.
- Executing technical projects, both directly and indirectly relating to online survey authoring.
- Create, develop and manage content for organization’s web presence (requires working with content management software).
- Developing expertise and staying current in knowledge of the Confirmit online research platform and other .technologies in use with supporting applications.
- Work in a highly collaborative environment with supervision.
- Create and maintain requirements, technical documentation and test documents.
- Stay plugged into emerging technologies/industry trends and apply them into operations and activities.
- Work cooperatively with key team members, clients and vendors.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or documented equivalent experience.
- Entry to mid-level experience programming in ASP, HTML and CSS , C#, ASP.NET, Legacy VB6, Ajax.
- Experience with Object Oriented programming methodologies.
- Understanding of Web Services, API's, JS libraries e.g. YUI, jQuery & Mootools.
- Knowledgeof relational database fundatmentals, TSQL and stored procedures.
- Knowledge of Confirmit & WordPress is a plus.
- Attention to detail and commitment to accuracy and integrity of information.
- Strong problem-solving skills, dependability and ability to “think outside the box”.
- Strong organizational skills to juggle multiple tasks within the constraints of timelines.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
The NPD Group, Inc. is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.