ID2015-5820Category Software DevelopmentLocation US-CA-San FranciscoAdditional JobLocationsUS-NY-New York | US-CO-Boulder
The Junior Linux Systems Engineer is responsible for monitoring and maintaining the high availability production network environments of a global SaaS provider. Must be a self-starter, work independently as well as with a diverse and global technical team, and take ownership. This is a high visibility position in the technology group.
- Engineering of systems administration-related solutions for various project and operational needs.
- Install new/rebuild existing servers and configure hardware, peripherals, services, settings, directories, storage, etc. in accordance with standards and project/operational requirements in an HA environment
- Install and configure systems which support infrastructure and/or R&D activities by application development staff.
- Develop, maintain and document installation and configuration procedures.
- Contribute to and maintain system standards.
- Contribute to and maintain security posture of the system in accordance to IT Security Policies and industry best practices (OWASP, etc.).
- Research and recommend innovative, and where possible, automated approaches for system administration tasks. Identify approaches that leverage resources.
- B.S. in Computer Science or equivalent
- 2+ years working in a 24x7 production environment
- Experience with Linux: RedHat, CentOS, Debian, etc…
- Experience with MySQL and/or MariaDB
- Experience with Virtualization, specifically VMWare ESXi and fail-over scenarios
- Experience working with clustered / load-balanced servers
- Knowledge of Shell, Perl, and/or Python scripting
- Knowledge of Apache configurations and web server admin tasks
- Knowledge of configuring and implementing Nagios monitoring software
- Knowledge with OS and networksecurity (firewalls and system hardening)
- Experience with iSCSI protocol and NAS (network attached storage) solutions
- Knowledge of protocols such as DNS, HTTP, LDAP, SMTP and SNMP
- Experience with regulated systems such as PCI DSS, HIPAA, ISO 270001, etc.
- Ability to manage Cisco firewall configurations in high availability, redundant environment
- Experience with SAN and iSCSI technologies is desirable (NetApp preferred