The electrical design group is responsible for the analysis and design of electrical systems related facilities, utilities and infrastructure. Project types include water and wastewater treatment, transportation maintenance facilities, infrastructure for utility companies and transportation (rail), data centers, correctional institutions, industrial and manufacturing facilities and commercial properties.
Our Marlton, NJ office is seeking a Junior Level Electrical Engineer.
The Electrical Engineer will assist in the development of calculations, reports, code analysis and design documents and progressively accept more responsibility. Calculations will include short circuit and load flow, arc flash hazard, lighting, grounding and other calculations related to the design and analysis of electrical systems. Design documents will included drawings and specifications including power plans, lighting plans, fire alarm plans, special systems plans, grounding plans, schematic and wiring diagrams.
Other responsibilities will include:
- Perform site survey of existing system conditions.
- Coordinate work withother disciplines during the design process.
- Provide support during construction activities as needed.
- Participate in meetings with clients, government agencies, utility companies and project teams.
- Bachelor of Science in ElectricalEngineering is required
- EIT is preferred
- 1 to 5years progressive experience in the engineering and design of electrical power distribution systems.
- Knowledge of performing lighting calculations using VISUAL or AGI32 is preferred.
- Experience performing computerized short circuit, coordination & arc flash studies using SKM Power tools, ETAP or other analysis software is preferred.
- Knowledge of power distribution systems including low & medium voltage is preferred.
- Firm understanding of the National Electrical Code.
- Experience with special systems including fire alarm, security, communication and control systems is a plus.
- Experience with AutoCAD, MicroStation or Revit is a plus
- Must have the ability to work as a team member to meet tight deadlines.
- Superior verbal and written communication skills.
Gannett Fleming is an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action Employer, including veterans and disability status.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE: Unsolicited resumes from third party agencies will not be accepted.