$80K - $100K(Ladders Estimates)
Founded in 1866, The Sherwin-Williams Company is a global leader in the manufacture, development, distribution, and sale of paints, coatings and related products to professional, industrial, commercial, and retail customers. The company manufactures products under well-known brands such as Sherwin-Williams®, Valspar®, HGTV HOME® by Sherwin-Williams, Dutch Boy®, Krylon®, Minwax®, Thompson's® Water Seal®, Cabot® and many more. Sherwin-Williams® branded products are sold exclusively through a chain of more than 4,100 company-operated stores and facilities, while the company's other brands are sold through leading mass merchandisers, home centers, independent paint dealers, hardware stores, automotive retailers, and industrial distributors. The company supplies a broad range of highly-engineered industrial and OEM coatings for wood and general industrial, coil, packaging, protective and marine, and transportation applications worldwide. Our 60,000 employees are diverse, innovative and passionate. With a variety of rewarding and challenging opportunities, Sherwin-Williams is a great place to find a career that takes you places.
The Java Developer is responsible for the development, integration, and implementation of application software in a service-provider environment that supports company business strategies and objectives. This position is considered an entry-level Java developer for The Americas Group and will have novice technical skills. This role will act as a technical resource, participating in the successful design, development, unit testing, and implementation of applications. This position will support the development of Pricing functions, to integrate with the Sherwin Williams Stores Point of Sale (POS) systems.
Strategy & Planning
• Actively working to obtain a broad knowledge of new technology, equipment, and systems.
Acquisition & Deployment
• Gather business requirements for proposed applications.
• Perform programming assignments based upon established programming standards, methods, and best practices.
• Design application and database components for small-sized development projects.
• Code application programs, prepare test data and conduct tests to verify correct program functionality, reliability and data integrity.
• Maintain and modify applications; make approved changes by amending application documentation, developing detailed programming logic, and coding changes.
• Provide support for application problems and issues.
• Provide user and system documentation for operational and technical support.
• Assist in the discovery and investigation of production problems as required.
• Project and task management and reporting as necessary.
• Research new tools and technologies.
• Assist with various projects as may be required to contribute to the efficiency and effectiveness of the work.
• Minimal travel, up to 5%, may be required.
• Work outside the standard office 7.5 hour workday may be required.
Formal Education & Certification
• Associate Degree or foreign equivalent in related field or equivalent experience.
Knowledge & Experience
• 0-1 year IT experience.
• Knowledge of all phases of the Software Development Lifecycle.
• Competent in verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability and initiative to learn and research new concepts, ideas, and technologies quickly.
• Ability to work in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
• Willingness to contribute time and effort to work assigned.
• Good analytical, conceptual, and problem-solving abilities.
• Motivated to learn new tools and technologies.
• Ability to organized and assist in the execution of tasks.
• Ability to work effectively in a multi-cultural environment.
Valid Through: 2019-10-18