A global financial firm is seeking a Junior Java Developer to join their team in New York. This candidate will perform low latency, high throughput, Java trading applications development.
- Design, architecture and develop new software systems
- Design and execute performance and capacity studies of new and existing software systems.
- Maintain and improve existing software systems
- Present technical topics
- Participate in software design and review meeting and code reviews
- BA/BS in Computer Science
- 5+ years experienceworking with data structures, algorithms, and design patterns
- 5+ years experience with Java
- Extensive working knowledge of concurrent programming and Java?s memory model
- 3+ years experience with performance measurement and optimization of high-performance applications
- 3+ years experience with JVM monitoring
- Familiarity with Linux (shell scripting and using the command line)
- Working knowledge of SQL