The Corporate Operations Group (COG) brings together specialist support services including workplace, human resources, market operations and technology. COG's purpose is to drive operational excellence through business-aligned services with a focus on quality, cost and risk. COG comprises the following divisions: Business Improvement and Strategy, Business Services, Human Resources, Market Operations, and Technology.
Join a team of enthusiastic and driven IT professionals who strive to deliver the highest quality and innovative technological solutions.
About our team:
Commodity Markets and Finance (CMF) division provides clients with risk and capital solutions across physical and financial markets, providing financing, financial hedging, physical execution and access to market pricing for clients exposed to commodities and financial markets. Technology account team are key partners with our CMF business.
Our small team of technologists means you will have an immediate impact on the production system, as well as being able to offer a variety of opportunities for our team members.
The close relationship to the business provides agile process means you can get the quick satisfaction from a job well done. Our flexible, open workspace encourages collaboration and supportsworking with the people who can best help you get the job done.
- Deliver high quality software that is fast and efficient.
- Provide maintenance and enhancements to the existing applications.
- Work withtechnology stakeholders to devise solutions that will fulfil business requirements and meet organizational strategic goals
- Foster strong working & collaborative relationships with the business & technology stakeholders across multiple locations
- Contribute to process improvement initiatives.
You will be degree qualified in Computer Science or similar with proven development experience in Java language and frameworks.
Specific Technical Skills:
- Expertise with the Java language, including multi-threading.
- Experience with web development
- Good database knowledge and SQL skills
- Experience with basic shell scripting
- High performance code and performance tuning
- Knowledge of Messaging, Python, Perl.
- Knowledge of Big Data & AWS
- Agile SDLC - enjoy high pace team environment with strong, self-driven, SDLC disciplines
- Strong communication skills
- Adaptable, accountable, solution orientated and possesses excellent analytical & problem solving skills
- Strong documentation skills
- Collaborate effectively within a global IT environment across multiple locations
- 2-4years of experience in software development