The Java Developer can work with minimum supervision from broad specifications to apply knowledge to carry out activities related to complex systems, program or process ensuring service, product, or operating standards are met.
The Java Developer designs and develops key technical features, analyses, practices or methodologies in functional area that have a cross functional impact.
Work is technical and complex and involves non-routine and advanced technical assignments. The Java Developer exercises considerable amount of judgement and problem-solving. Outcomes are reviewed for attainment of objectives, adherence to standards, and effectiveness of results.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Designs, develops and documents new software products and features
- Produces code within quality and coding standards.
- Designs and executes test cases for unit and feature testing
- Maintains, updates and supports existing software features and solutions
- Writes and maintains technical documentation
- Effectively contributes to building the overall knowledge and expertise of the technical team
- Obtains a strong knowledge and understanding of our software solutions
- Participates on project teams
- Participates in design and code reviews
- Provides time estimates for assigned development
- Performs other duties as required
- Education: Post-secondary education in Computer Science or Information Technology.
- Minimum 1 year of full-time PROFESSIONAL Java programming experience.
- Minimum 3 years of total Java programming experience.
- Experience developing a product in a formal Agile Scrum methodology is an asset.
- Experience developing highly scalable clustered JEE systems is an asset.
- Familiarity with Java Design Patterns, designing for enterprise-grade security, concurrency and effective session management is an asset.
- Experience working with large volume transaction processing is an asset.
- Experience in developing APIs and integration with 3rd party systems, networks and applications is an asset.
- Developing in Unix or Linux environments.
- Web Application Oracle GlassFish is an asset.
- MySQL is an asset.
- Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) is an asset.
- Experience with O/R frameworks (EJB3 in particular).
- Strong testing, configuration and deployment skills.
- Must be an effective and efficient problem solver.
- Possess the ability to work effectively in a team environment, as well as independently with minimal direction.
- Must have strong interpersonal and communications skills including well developed verbal and written English.
- Experience developing financial transaction applications is an asset.