We are seeking junior software developers to help with development projects in our customer care practice area. Developers in this role will work as part of a team to design, develop, test, and deploy products and/or custom solutions to extend the Amazon Connect contact center service or integrate it with other systems, or to fulfill related customer care needs, involving other AWS services as needed. Developers may also be involved in collecting requirements for a new solution during the pre-sales or elaboration process, documenting solutions we have developed, or communicating with customers about project status.
Amazon Connect is Amazon’s new cloud contact center service within AWS, based on the technology that powers its internal customer service teams across tens of thousands of agents. Much like other AWS services, Amazon Connect is democratizing contact center workloads that in the past required expensive hardware and long setup times. Perficient is one of the first companies to develop deep expertise in this brand-new platform. By joining our team, you can be a part of building out a new practice on a rapidly-growing and cutting-edge technology.
The ideal candidate for this position has a background in software development, either in the form of academic coursework including hands-on development projects, OR at least 1 year of relevant professional experience. Candidates should enjoy solving new technical problems, learning new technical skills, devising creative new solutions, and researching both technology and business topics using a variety of resources.
To be considered for this position, you must be:
- Deeply interested in technology, including complex enterprise software products, with a continual drive to learn more
- Motivated by the idea of learning about how people do their jobs and creating technology solutions to help them
- Persistent and creative at finding solutions to problems on your own; someone who can use documentation, Google searches, and trial and error to figure out a problem you haven’t encountered before
- A quick and self-directed learner, excited about learning new things
- Organized and reliable at completing assigned tasks on time
- Interested in working on a close-knit team and staying aware of overall business needs rather than working in a development silo
- Experience with relational databases
- Experience integrating with RESTful web services
- High initiative in identifying problems or opportunities and proposing and implementing creative new approaches to address them
Experience with Amazon Web Services, especially IAM, S3, Lambda, DynamoDB, is helpful but not required.
Occasional travel may be required (no more than 20%).
Perficient full-time employees receive complete and competitive benefits. We offer a collaborative work environment, competitive compensation, generous work/life opportunities and an outstanding benefits package that includes paid time off plus holidays. In addition, all colleagues are eligible for a number of rewards and recognition programs including billable bonus opportunities. Encouraging a healthy work/life balance and providing our colleagues great benefits are just part of what makes Perficient a great place to work.