SAP Mobile Center of Excellence team is developing next generation complex mobile applications for S/4HANA and other SAP business solutions, using SAP Cloud Platform. The team uses agile/scrum development process and test driven development approach, with emphasis on a continuous integration, unit testing and peer reviews. We are looking for an experienced software developer to join the backend integration development team at the Chicago, Illinois location, for the development of reusable integration services for the mobile applications and cloud solutions.
If you become one of us, you will have the possibility to work on all aspects of the lifecycle of the project – gathering requirements, technical research, backend development, frontend development, quality assurance, deployment, maintenance and support. You will also have the opportunity to experience the work in a team built on an incredible Team Culture and enjoyable atmosphere.
Initially you will be tasked to work with backend integration team, thereby extending your knowledge to multiple product areas of frontend development, cloud development etc., and we will facilitate your personal growth and learning on our projects and allow you to explore possibilities for your career enhancement.
EXPECTATIONS AND TASKS
- Design, development and support of backend integration components for new and existing complex mobile applications in areas such as enterprise asset management and field services.
- Coordinate design and development of new features with other members of the team.
- Develop software products using TDD approaches, in accordance with SAP’s development standards and as specified in an approved design document
- Ability to work independently as well as with the team
- Ability to understand and master new technologies quickly
- Test software in accordance with SAP’s testing standards as defined in the unit test plans
- Provide support to quality assurance and consulting services as needed
- Enthusiastic to work in a dynamic and challenging working environment with changing requirements and constantly changing technologies
- Work closely with product management and customers to holistically understand business and user requirements, and continuously improve own products to provide software which users really love to work with
- Build up experience and solutions for DevOps models
- Full Stack Development: Develop both frontend and backend tasks, Test, Maintenance and Support
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATION / SKILLS AND COMPENTENCIES
- Good degree in computer or natural science, engineering sciences, natural sciences, mathematics or equivalent subject
- Solid background in computer software development fundamentals and technologies (algorithms and data structures, on-device memory management, user interface development, design patterns, data transfer protocols, software engineering, multi-tier application architectures, etc.)
- Following agile development principles like test-driven development and Scrum is a must
- Good knowledge in SQL programming and Data Modelling
- Knowledge in SAP ERP system and S/4HANA system is a plus
- Knowledge on SAP Cloud Platform and related technologies is a plus
- Knowledge on SAP Cloud Integration is a plus
- Knowledge on SAP Mobile Development Kit and/or SAP Cloud Identity is a plus
- Knowledge on building applications with SAP Cloud Application Programming Model
- Experience in SAP application development is a plus
- Skills in iOS or Android development is a plus
- Familiarity with Cloud Foundry is a plus
- Familiarity with web technologies like jQuery, SOAP & REST, oData is a plus
- Familiarity with Cloud Application Programming(CAM) is a plus
- Familiarity with ABAP RESTful Application Programming(RAP) is a plus
- Strong focus on usability, user experience, quality and performance
- Open minded, curious, self-driven, results-oriented team player with entrepreneurial spirit
- Willingness to learn and research new concepts and technologies
- Fluent English language skills both in speaking and writing are a must
- 0 ~ 3 years of application development experience with SAP systems such as SAP ERP, S/4HANA or SAP Cloud Platform.
- Experience in agile work environments and Scrum driven projects.