Requisition ID 1663312
DXC Technology (NYSE: DXC) is the world’s leading independent, end-to-end IT services company, helping clients harness the power of innovation to thrive on change. Created by the merger of CSC and the Enterprise Services business of Hewlett Packard Enterprise, DXC Technology serves nearly 6,000 private and public sector clients across 70 countries. The company’s technology independence, global talent and extensive partner alliance combine to deliver powerful next-generation IT services and solutions. DXC Technology is recognized among the best corporate citizens globally.Junior Network EngineerDXC Technology has an immediate need in our US Public Sector group for a Junior Network Engineerin Raleigh, NC.
- Candidate applies basic knowledge of the job skills, company policies and procedures to complete a variety of assignments/tasks on a telecommunication helpdesk supporting LAN and wireless infrastructures.
- Solid understanding of the general/technical aspects of the job in regard to networking and Cisco IOS commands, WLAN controllers, autonomous and Lightweight Access Points (LWAPs).
- Work on assignments that are routine to moderately complex in nature and require basic problem resolution and independent judgment.
- Allocate own time efficiently and receive general instructions on all work.
Required: At a minimum, a high school diploma or equivalent is required. A 2 year post-high school Degree in a technical field is preferred.
- Hold entry level certification(s) in field of work.
- Typically, 2-3 years of working experience in related fields.
- Require networking/telecommunications basic knowledge to include trouble shooting skills to enable support of a WLAN controllers, routers, switches, access points, etc. LDAP, DHCP, Subnet, Active Directory,
- Successfully manage and prioritize multiple concurrent projects.
- Communicate well (orally and in writing) and work with client’s personnel and vendors.
- Self-motivated, with a positive attitude and work ethic.
- Ability to work well alone or within a team setting.
- Office/Excel 2003 – 2010 considered a plus.
- Candidates will be required to pass a behavioral and technical interview.
- Pass both a client and DXC mandated clearance process to include drug screening, criminal history check and credit check.
This position requires United States Citizenship or a valid Green Card and eligibility to apply for/obtain a Public Trust Clearance position.