Junior .NET Developers: Ecology and Environment, Inc. is seeking innovative and forward-thinking full-time and on-call Developers to build our Developer group at our headquarters in Buffalo, NY. In this challenging role, each Developer will be responsible for designing and developing web-based solutions and will work with colleagues and clients to create appealing and fully functioning websites.
This opportunity requires experience with ASP.Net C# web development to develop project websites and internal systems. Our developers are part of an integrated, very dynamic and results-oriented IT/GIS group. Our successful candidates must be highly motivated to work in a very fast-paced and exciting consulting environment and will have experience with custom web-based data driven application development using C# and .NET.
- Develop modern, data-driven ASP.NET web applications using Visual Studio, C#, and SQL Server using Microsoft platforms, frameworks, and tools
- Work with project managers and developers in making platform, technology, and tooling decisions
- Participate in project planning meetings to design and document software features, requirements, and specifications
- Communicate directly with stakeholders to share project updates, provide training, discuss new feature ideas, and troubleshoot problems or issues
- Maintain, support, and enhance legacy applications
- Assist Senior development team with business development initiatives (demonstrations, client meetings, presentations, bids and proposal support, etc.)
- Remain current on web technology trends, and rapidly learn and apply new skills and tools during the life cycle of a project
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, or a related discipline
- 1-3 years of experience with custom web-based data driven application development, using Transact-SQL and C# and .NET technology including working experience in using Microsoft platforms, frameworks, and tools
- Excellent problem solving skills with the ability to collaborate on solutions by facilitating and improving communication amongst technical staff and clients
- Strong communication skills with external and internal clients of varying levels of computer literacy
- Must be a self-starter, highly motivated, organized, and self-disciplined with the ability to organize time and work efficiently in a face-paced and exciting consulting environment
- Experience with consulting or contract work is a plus
- Ability to travel as needed for client meetings