Meet our professionals
CGI: An employer of choice
CGI in Atlantic Canada are looking for high performing Junior .NET Developers to work as part of a team delivering complex solutions to a large global technology organization. Our client is based in the Western US and are modernizing their product based HR systems and related portal interfaces. We have been asked to work with them to design, build and modernize the platform that can accommodate their rapidly growing business needs.
You will be part of a number of small Agile teams focused on the design, development and testing of these new systems. The .NET developer roles and responsibilities include developing .NET applications while providing expertise in the full software development lifecycle, from concept and design to testing and implementation.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• Be part of a small number of local .NET Teams while working with remote architects,
developers and product owners as part of the global program.
• .NET developer responsibilities include designing and developing high-volume, low-latency
applications for delivering high-availability and performance.
• Contribute in all phases of the development lifecycle.
• Write well designed, testable, efficient code.
• Ensure designs are in compliance with specifications.
• Prepare and produce releases of software components.
• Work seamlessly with geographically distributed teams.
• Work with the scrum master and help establish sprint activities and tasks.
• Participate in the daily standup and provide status updates, contribute to team meeetings.
• Provide and recommend innovative solutions to complex architectural issues.
• Support continuous improvement by investigating alternatives and technologies and
presenting these for architectural review.
• Enhance organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different
• Explore opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related subject (or equivalent work
• Recent/current working experience in .NET development
• Hands on experience in designing and developing applications using ASP.NET, C#, MVC
• Hands on experience in designing and developing services using SOAP/REST APIs
• Hands on experience in designing and developing applications using various
• Any experience with AngularJS will be considered an asset
• Experience in designing and developing applications using Microsoft WF technology stack
• Hands on experience in designing and developing applications using Team foundation server
and MS Visual Studio Life cycle products
• Object Oriented analysis and design using common design patterns
• Excellent knowledge of Relational Databases, SQL and ORM technologies (SQL Server, Entity
• Experience with SDLC tools, frameworks and methodologies
• Experience working with AGILE teams and tools including but not limited to - JIRA,
Confluence, Crucible - will be considered an asset
• Experience as a Microsoft Certified Developer
Position ID: J0817-0432