The primary purpose of this position is to develop programming and support acumen for application systems development and maintenance projects, with a commitment to internal and external customer satisfaction. Implement and maintain application systems. Provide a general knowledge of the user function and work with the users and more experienced I/S personnel to develop systems solutions for difficult business problems. Duties include technical design, programming and testing.
As Junior Developer, primary responsibilities include:
- Provide knowledge of the technical aspects of systems development, including data base managers and computer architecture, and a developing knowledge of the programming languages
- Provide programming and technical design task estimates and contribute to project planning activities
- Perform all activities and responsibilities with an emphasis on quality, focused on the internal or external customer needs, and completing assignments in a timely manner according to the agreed upon schedule
- Assist in the development of functional specifications
- Develop high level technical specifications and program specifications
- Code and test applications programs
- Support effective communication with all Hydrite departments where responsibilities overlap to ensure success of the branch team
- Understand basic functionality of all common application development software in use by the organization
- Follow all agreed upon procedures development standards and programming techniques
- Resolve minor technical problems affecting production systems and escalate production recoveries for implementation
- Monitor assigned purchased application software packages for upgrades, corrections and new releases
- Provide off-hours on-call programming support on a rotating basis
- This position reports to the Senior Manager of Applications & Delivery.
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATIONAL CRITERIA
- A minimum of an Associate’s/Technical degree is required. Preferably Information Systems-related or 1 year of systems development experience. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Demonstrated use of Structured Design & Programming methodologies.
- Must have communication and interpersonal skills, along with the ability to read, write, and speak English.
- Experience developing software in an Integrated Development Environment (IDE), such as Eclipse, Visual Studio or Computer Associates 2E preferred
- Experience developing in RPG for iSeries platform preferred
- Experience with ERP software packages such as PRISM, JD Edwards, SAP, Oracle, etc. preferred