At DEFINITION 6 we’re plugged into change — across markets, industries, and technologies — and we’re on a mission to keep our clients ahead of the curve. Our powerhouse team is actively seeking a Junior Data Scientist to join our rapidly growing agency. This role will be responsible for managing all aspects of our advanced analytics platform including building out the data pipeline, performing in-depth analysis using statistical modeling and machine learning techniques, and communicating results to clients, helping them make more informed decisions to drive their business forward.
- Applies in-depth analytical and machine learning knowledge, to filter, prioritize and validate potentially complex and dynamic data from multiple sources, contributing to the development of new techniques and the improvement of processes and work-flow for D6 Clients
- Enhancing data collection procedures to include information that is relevant for building analytics and machine learning workflows including processing, cleansing, and verifying the integrity of data used for analysis.
- Conducts strategic data analysis, identifies insights and implications and makes strategic recommendations, develops data displays that clearly communicate complex analysis
- Integrates subject matter and industry expertise within client domain
- Regularly assumes informal/formal leadership role within teams
- Involved in coaching and training of new recruits
- Extending client’s data with third party sources of information when needed
- Deliver analytics initiatives to address business problems with the ability to determine data required, assess time & effort required and establish a plan
- Considers the business implications of the application of technology to the current business environment; identifies and communicates risks and impacts
- Drives communication between business leaders and IT; exhibits sound and comprehensive communication and diplomacy skills to exchange complex information
REQUIRED SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS:
- B.S. in Computer Science, Math, Engineering, Finance, or related quantitative field
- 5-8 years experience in business and data analysis. Ability to effectively use complex analytical, interpretive and problem solving techniques. Experience using tools for statistical modeling of large data sets
- 2-4 years work experience in machine learning, data engineering, data mining, statistical analysis, auditing, and/or forecasting
- Professional experience with MS Excel, SQL Server
- An intermediary understanding of SQL and some knowledge of one other scripting/compiled/statistical programming language (e.g. Python, R)
- Experience building reports/analyses with analytical tools (e.g. Excel, QlikSense, Tableau, etc.)
- Experience with Salesforce Ecosystem a plus
- Experience with machine learning platforms like SageMaker, DataBricks a plus
- Strong presentation and communications skills
- Critical thinking skills to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions; ability to understand and foresee implications of new information for current and future problems solving
- An intellectual curiosity for getting at the underlying story being told within the data
- Respectful, passionate & open-minded.